law clerk position (1 Viewer)

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
I was a legal secretary for a while but once they discovered I actually learned something at law school, they gave me decent work to do. Take up any opportunity you can to get in there - that's the most difficult part.

twistedtigers

HSC
N/A
environment? Anyone here been employed as a legal secretary? Cheers.
I've been a legal secretary for a while. It is still very useful. Gives you a good idea how the practical side of law works - the layout for Supreme Court documents, etc.

Also, in my experience, not many legal secretaries are simply typists. Once you have the confidence of your solicitor, you'll be expected to do quite involved clerking.... just at secretary rates... All good experience tho

MichaelJackson2

Moonwalker
HSC
Thanks MichaelJackson2. Do you have that book secondhand? :) I think legal secretary work is helpful especially for my course - dipinlaw @ LPAB. Many of my schoolmates are working full time in paralegal or legal secretary positions. I wouldn't be surprised that they will get an internal promotion relevantly easily after graduation.

ahh no i don't minax, sorry! but you should find a similar type of book if you pop down to your uni bookshop - that's where i found mine. good luck with it all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)