LAW: Fed. Con. (1 Viewer)

maka

HSC
Hey,

Next semester, I will start my 3rd year of Bus/Law. I put off Fed Con for a semester because I heard it was rather hard and very boring.

I was just wondering if anyone has done it if they could just answer a few questions.

1) Is it hard?
2) Is it boring?
3) What assessments and weighting do you hav to do?
4) Do you want to sell your textbook?

Thanks

T

thegovernator

1) Is it hard? no. if you're bright and you put in the recommended time for readings etc you will be fine. i found this subject very time consuming though. the most important thing is to nail the 40 per cent essay that will take the pressure off everything else. and contribute regularly throughout semester too. the end of year exam can be tough but they are reasonable in that they will give you little hints about what's in it etc. time wise the exam is reasonable too.

2) Is it boring? personally, i found it very boring. to be honest it really did nothing for me. maybe it was the teachers... who knows... ??
i found contract law, tort law and criminal law all much more interesting. use the fact that it is boring to your advantage though. a lot of people will just try and fudge their way through it... really take time and put a lot of effort into it and you will be rewarded.

3) What assessments and weighting do you hav to do? essay 40 per cent, exam 40 per cent, in class and online participation 20 per cent.

4) Do you want to sell your textbook? no

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
maka said:
Hey,

Next semester, I will start my 3rd year of Bus/Law. I put off Fed Con for a semester because I heard it was rather hard and very boring.

I was just wondering if anyone has done it if they could just answer a few questions.

1) Is it hard?
2) Is it boring?
3) What assessments and weighting do you hav to do?
4) Do you want to sell your textbook?

Thanks
1) it was the worst subject besides LPH

2) it is hell boring, but its alrite. geoff holland organised it well.

3) assessments- 40% research essay
also 20% class participation, INCLUDING UTS ONLINE!
and 40% final exam

4) yes
buy them off me
i got a HD for fed con ;)

n next year its going to be called AUSTRALIAN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW
so no more fed con
aus con sounds lame :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)