Law Firm Partner Salaries (1 Viewer)

turtleface

HSC
bobness said:
well how about this, turtleface you are awesome. you are king of teh internetz with your intelligible essays on accountant. when i grow up i wanna be just like you and kiss more corporate ass.

p.s. accounting sucks dick :p
the big accounting and law firms aren't corporations.

btw thanks man, exactly what I was thinking, I just couldn't hope to match you for eloquence.

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
i was not being sarcastic.

i envy accountants though because they love their job so much. it means in theory they never have to 'work' for one day in their life :p

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
don't kid yourself blackfriday you know you're one too :p

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
bobness said:
I envy accountants though because they love their job so much. it means in theory they never have to 'work' for one day in their life
hahaha.. I would have to concur to that, wen I do 3&4 accounting I enjoy every moment of it ... then it again its 3&4 LMFAO haha... but no-ones more passionate about there job than Steve Ballmer!! :p

if u dont knoe about the Developers incident :p (its a pisser LOL):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSIMeRtVebM
tha remix (warning, it might kill with laughter.. i nearly pissed my pants [not really :p]lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSIMeRtVebM

yea..

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Also, I don't see how the figures for partners are more important than starting or associate salaries. Chances are, very few of us will make partner...
Precisely. You have to be very successful and motivated to make partner, and to keep your partnership. Let alone at a top-tier firm.

Senior Associate salaries are far more important.

turtleface

HSC
I ask this seriously, do Accountants even do individual tax returns in this day and age? I thought most of that is done by places like H&R Block or retired Accountants but it seems like there are some Accountants out there who still do tax returns

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
accountants in the sense of a CA or CPA probably dont anymore unless you're taking care of HNWI

turtleface

HSC
thanks, i finally figured it out as i signed off last night though originally I thought it was liek a refernce to the queen and the letters under her name. :mad1:

haha speaking of accountants for HNWI I remember how when ASIC and DPP were thinking about prosecuting Steve Vizard for insider trading last year or something, but they couldn't cause his accountant Greg Lay (who allegedly acted as the broker for him) "refused to testify for fear of self incrimination" lol what a farce.

Last edited:

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
thats fair enough that greg lay didnt want to testify, but surely isnt there something the aasb or gaap about dodgy accounting that makes sure people like greg lay dont continue on to be accountants much in the same way you can be disbarred as a lawyer?

turtleface

HSC
lol dunno

The ICAA dragged him in front of the ICAA Tribunal, potentially that can result in massive fines, expulsion from ICAA (losing CA qualification etc)

http://www.icaa.org.au/news/index.cfm?id=A116691096

I think maybe it was cause Lay hasn't technically done anything wrong in the eyes of the law, yet unlike other CAs like Rodney Adler (HIH key player, effectively expelled, though technically resigned his membership), Dominic Fodera (HIH Finance Director) (whose membership got suspended at the Tribunal stage)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)