Retired
HSC
http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/info_evening/evening.html

<center><h1>UNSW Faculty of Law&nbsp;</h1></center>

<center><h2>Law School Parent and Student<br>Information Evening</h2>
<b>Wednesday 27 August 2003
(6.00pm - 7:30pm)
The Scientia, UNSW</b></center>

The Law School is holding an information evening for parents and prospective law students in Year 11 or Year 12 to answer questions regarding law careers and courses. <a href="http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/info_evening/registration.html">On line registration</a> is available.

<b>Format of evening</b>
Senior academics will discuss key areas of concern such as how to select a law school and the career choices available to law graduates in the 21st century. Attendees will also gain a better understanding of the benefits of studying law at UNSW. After the talk there will be plenty of opportunity to have questions answered at individual consultation sessions with Law School representatives. See <a href="http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/info_evening/details.html">full program details</a>.

<b>Who will you meet?</b>
Senior academics from the Faculty will be available to answer your questions, including the Associate Dean (Undergraduate) and the Director of First Year Studies who have particular responsibility for the Faculty's undergraduates. In addition, current students will be available to discuss their experiences with you.

<b>Benefits of attending</b>
Parents will discover more about law as a discipline and will be better equipped to help their sons and daughters make their tertiary education choices.

Prospective students will not only learn more about what it is like to study law but will also have a clearer idea of what makes studying law at UNSW different.

The Law School staff look forward to welcoming you.

<a href="http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/info_evening/registration.html">Online registration</a>
<a href="http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/info_evening/gettounsw.html">How to get to UNSW Campus</a>

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hmmm.. i might go, but i wanna go to USYD Law more...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
fetish for sandstone, like the feel of the place, don't like passing my highschool for the next five years (sydney boys'), like something that is walkable, like victoria park, like the wentworth...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
UNSW is pretty too (i saw it at the Eastern Suburbs Courses and Careers Day) - serious, I'm keeping my options open. If I can make the cutoff for USYD, i go USYD, if not, then UNSW, UTS, MacqU (in that order)...

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
awwww... its okay... i'm only trying for usyd too... if i dun make it, i guess second choice UNSW... mabbe i go there too next year, and then we'll have a nostalgic coffee together and talk about dreamy lil me going to USYD in 2003... haha.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
And then you'll slap yourself and shake out of it. :p

pri

HSC
N/A
every1 knows UNSW students are just bitter bout sydney uni :p

honestly the rep that came from UNSW to my skool had a serious usyd complex!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i went to usyd today for the maths enrichment day for 4u students.

usyd r0xx. :) :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
yeah i remember Soul's post on how much UNSW 0wnz USYD's ass *cough cough*

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i think the fact is that not many usyd law ppl on this forum who can voice their uni... *sigh*

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
but shouldn't underlings be there so you can tell us (the pre-embryotic) what the heck law is about?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
it's called point-of-view, jack. of course some emeritus prof. 'Erpshorntz' (PhD LLM LLB AOM VC) is going to say 'unsw has the best law faculty in the whole southern hemisphere...blahblahblah seven Rhodes scholars in the last ten years...'.
i wanna know the point-of-view of the students, the underlings, the serfs. that is because without their POV, the picture is incomplete... arghh, english 'mod C: telling the truth' is invading my life! >.<

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

A Rhodes Scholar basically means u are an amazing academic, who has achieved a very high overall academic level, and also contributed, or have the potential to contribute greatly to ur field of study...basically after u graduate here and be selected as a Rhodes Scholar, u then goto the University of Oxford to continue your academic career there, all expenses paid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)