Law reform and consumer rights... Help? (1 Viewer)

school4nerds

HSC
Hi,

I have to write an essay in regards to the role of law reform in recognising the rights of consumers and i have a few things i want to write about but its not going to take that much writing to do so. i was wondering what am i supposed to write in it? there doesnt seem to be enough on law reform in regards to consumer rights to write about? am i allowed to talk about the effectiveness of consumer law? (but thats not answering the question :\ )

loapowm

Banned
HSC
You can talk about the effectiveness of the law in responding to change.
But no you can't

Law reform is piss easy though

school4nerds

HSC
it seems easy but then again theres not a lot of things i can talk about, only a few, what are some things i could talk about?

loapowm

Banned
HSC
You are joking right?

Consumers are always changing.

There are legit thousands of things.

You can talk about amendments, changing in law, common law, statue law

So much!

Talk about how statue law protects rights, talk about the change in fair trades practices act. Talk about everything

school4nerds

HSC
yeah true, so far im talking about the common law and its continuous law reform through precendents and then statute law and its amendments e.g. trade practices to consumer and competition etc. hmmmm just so stressful cause im never good at legal haha :S

loapowm

Banned
HSC
Then get better. Legal is pretty simple. YUOu just need to kmow you content

loapowm

Banned
HSC
No problem.

Legit talk about anything. As long as it is about how law has changed

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Interestingly this user was only active for 12-13 days. I believe it might've been related to an older thread that had to be closed. Or it could've been related to his messages, some of which (the remaining ones, assuming other messages may have been deleted) seem quite heated. 🤔

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yea I’ve been meaning to ask you. I saw on some older threads that you and niltar didn’t like a person called Sylvia B. Who was that
Well I don't dislike anyone, quite the opposite! :D

But unfortunately, a fundamental disagreement (on a couple of topics) was definitely present between us, and while this is perfectly fine, we could not tolerate responses that would attempt to attack the person directly rather than respond to their argument/position in a civil manner. That's all! :)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
What were the arguements about?
And did he get banned?
We argued our positions relating to the complexity of modern social and political issues.

I'm not sure if he was banned/warned as I'm not a moderator, but one of the threads did get closed because it got out of control, despite our calls for civility.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)