• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law&society/Human Rights (1 Viewer)

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Those are just questions designed to improve your ability to support your arguments (something which is ESSENTIAL in the exams)

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
lugging my excel book and the other textbook to skool eachday along with other textbooks just seems a bit too much.... so what do u do???
excel .. or textbook?
both?

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Which textbook do you have?

I keep the excel at home, it's not necessary in class...

snot

hey you all did great! um i wish i put alot more study in. and the teachers that set our 1st ass couldnt even answer some of the questions. i got 19/30 (10%) :( do yous think ill be able to build my marks up and still go really good 4 my HSC???

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Its ur first assessment, stress less. Just put in a bit more consistent study and Im sure you can get an awesome mark.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by snot
hey you all did great! um i wish i put alot more study in. and the teachers that set our 1st ass couldnt even answer some of the questions. i got 19/30 (10%) :( do yous think ill be able to build my marks up and still go really good 4 my HSC???
If everyone else in your class went just as poorly then it doesn't matter.

Say you have the highest mark in your class and it's 10%, but you are ranked 1st, in the HSC exam you get 98%. Your assessment mark of 10% will become 98% and you will get 98% overall. So worry about your rank rather than your mark, that is the most important.

The next step is to worry about your mark, if you are missing knowledge from the syllabus, marks will generally show you, so the rectify that ASAP...

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff

Say you have the highest mark in your class and it's 10%, but you are ranked 1st, in the HSC exam you get 98%. Your assessment mark of 10% will become 98% and you will get 98% overall.

The next step is to worry about your mark
Um Ziff, he/she is not saying that they got 10% (have a look at the mark dingbat!), they're saying its worth 10%! I seriously laughed out loud.....

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ms 12
Um Ziff, he/she is not saying that they got 10% (have a look at the mark dingbat!), they're saying its worth 10%! I seriously laughed out loud.....
No, no, no, I was looking at the bigger picture that if they got 10% overall for their whole assessment mark :p I was replying to their worries that I thought they had based on "do yous think ill be able to build my marks up and still go really good 4 my HSC???". That even if he gets crap marks that it doesn't matter - rank does.

aud

HSC
We don't get an assessment that's based solely on Law and Society... we had our Crime one last year - I got 44/50 (was 12% - yes, 12%) but a lot of people got much higher :'(

We have our AP3 in Week 9 which covers Crime and Law and Society together...

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
We did a speech 4 law on society...it was really broad so i was able to do it on the "moral influences on law which resulted in the development of cloning laws" (To cut a long question/name short)
I came 1st,
Yay! My goal...to keep this rank and get into law!!! WhoooHooo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)