• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Law textbooks (1 Viewer)

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
I'm starting at Wollongong next year. Where's the cheapest place to get them from? Can I get them second hand? What would the set usually cost me new?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
jackmurray1989 said:
I'm starting at Wollongong next year. Where's the cheapest place to get them from? Can I get them second hand? What would the set usually cost me new?
1. congratulations.

2. i usually use Lawbooks.com.auhttp://www.lawbooks.com.au - they usually have 20% off RRP.

3. yes, try Textbookexchange.com.auhttp://www.textbookexchange.com.au

4. depending on subject, but a textbook + annotated statute book may cost anywhere between $100 - $150. some additional reading material might be required, available at your uni bookshop for about $15.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
As you'll be at UOW, also be sure to check out the UniClassifieds book section, especially closer to the start of session. Old 1st year students want to sell their books just as much as you want to buy them cheap. Give the noticeboards on campus a glance during enrolment/O-week, as you'd probably see a few advertised there as well.

But if you're set on getting them in advance/with less risk, I'd say go with Frigid's advice above. I've heard positive reports from users of both sites.

= Jennifer =

HSC
make sure that before you buy the textbooks you check they are the right edition as legislation and cases may change (in particular precedent, interpretation, legislative amendments, etc ) :)

L

LaraB

And to further add to jennifer's post - make sure you speak to lecturers or past students and the like before purchasing "recommended" books as often the books marked as "texts" are more than sufficient and purchasing all the recommended books in addition can become quite costly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)