law texts... (1 Viewer)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asq...
wot are the actual prescribed books for Foundations of Law... i downloaded a list frm law.unsw n it had a list of bt 50... so which books do i actually need... n where do i get them...
going overseas soon... gota take something for the ride... dont wanna come back full FOB

addz

HSC
how often do they update??
coz my gf's brother does law at unsw (3rd year this year) so i was thinkin of taking whatever textbooks he had

i realise updates shouldnt matter as much for foundations of law but for torts, maybe.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You should definitely get the most recent edition for Torts.

You're not even tested on the content of the Foundations course... and history isn't updated very often, so I wouldn't worry too much there. ;)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
laz... wot do u mean the content of the Foundations course isnt tested? i read the syllabus... it said after there is a in class test after topic 2(wk 5, 6, 7)... n apparently we are expected to present short legal argument... but topic 1 is The foundation of the australian legal system and topic 2 is The Effects of the Colonial baggage... if we're not gona b tested on the content... it seems a bit far-fetched to me that we can possibly learn enuf to "present a legal argument"... do they present u with a legal scenario then ask u to respond?

also... im going to the uni-bookshop 2moro...

im thinking bt
Chisholm and Nettheim, 'Understanding Law', Butterworths, 6th ed. 2002
John Carvan, Understanding the Legal System, 3rd ed, LBS, 1999
Carol Harlow, Understanding Tort Law, 2nd ed, Fontana, 1995
but they even sound damn expensive... n they're not even prescribed texts, only recommended... wot do u think? can i find these at bigger local libraries?

also... wot are "law school issued materials"? will i be able to purchase these from the uni bookshop 2moro?...

lol... sorry bt the questions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)