Law Transfer??? help (1 Viewer)

nevmirza

Premium Member
HSC
hi guys....

Im currently in yr 12 now and on target to achieve a UAI of low to mid 90s. however i reallllllllllllllly want to do law... but i dont think i can achieve the 98 + or what ever it is to do law.... so what can i do??? Can i do say a busniess course or something and in 6 months transfer to law???

any help much appriciated...

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
get as close to the cut off as possible, if you say you cant get the required cut off for law....i remember its in the vicinity of 99.30?
so complete another degree at usyd, do relatively well (ie D average or above) then apply for a transfer at the end of the year

if USYD is out of your reach, then consider UTS, as they have a cutoff of 97.50

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
if you want to read law, macq has low 90s, UWS as a last resort, the law faculty is terrible and its reputation is even worse. im sure this post will trigger a wave of people telling you how good uws law is but... it's not. hell, i'd say go to UNE over UWS, at least you will stay in a college while you're there.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah if the original poster says he'll get a UAI in the vicinity of mid to low 90s, then he should be able to get into mac law
then if he sets his sights on usyd he could always transfer, and get academic standing

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
tamaranadine said:
similar question, if i get into UOW do you think I would be able to get a transfer to USYD?
check teh law forums they have a transfer FAQ.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
tamaranadine said:
similar question, if i get into UOW do you think I would be able to get a transfer to USYD?
that depends on what UAI you get
anything under 95...you can literally say goodbye

morganforrest

HSC
mmmm I want to do Int Studies/Law as well....last year the cut off was 99.55 which is damn high....im hoping to crack 99 but I may have to start doing the single Int St and transfer to Law second year.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if you get 99, ill still put int studies/law as first preference, and then int studies for 2nd preference
you would never know if the cut off stays or drops...and plus some unis are flexible with their UAI cut offs so if youre one of the lucky ones, they might let you in just a bit below the cut off

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
graduate with honours in anything and you will be most likely given an offer to read postgraduate law at usyd - i think that's from the uac guide 07. phd > masters > Honours > BA/BSc/BE/BCom, ect.

morganforrest

HSC
Yeah I'll still put the double as my first preference....with any luck I'll pull my socks up, put my head down and actually get the requirement....

...but thats unlikely so Im pretty much hoping to get in on luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)