• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Law Transfer [USYD] (1 Viewer)

Sav8

HSC
I'm expected to get around a 90-95 ATAR and this obviously isn't enough for direct entry into Law. I've been though previous threads and done research on google, but I'd just like an up-to-date clarification on what exactly I should do to maximise my chances of getting a transfer into Law after my first year, and which course I should undertake in my first year? Thank you in advance for any help you may bring this way.

Sav8

HSC
> get a good WAM/GPA
Is there a certain course I should be looking at doing in order to maximise my chances? (Such as B Arts or B Commerce) Or is that irrelevant?

Also, how important will my ATAR be in the transfer process?

Last edited:

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Is there a certain course I should be looking at doing in order to maximise my chances? (Such as B Arts or B Commerce) Or is that irrelevant?

Also, how important will my ATAR be in the transfer process?
> irrelevant
> doesn't matter, WAM is a WAM regardless of the course

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think it matters which course you are combining law with, just choose a course that you think you are most interested and will do the best in. You need to obtain a minimum of distinction, preferably near a high distinction average to be comfortably competitive to succeed in an internal transfer for law in USYD. Alternately, you can always consider Juris Doctor options which is basically completing your law degree after graduating from your first degree.

HSC
Or come unsw and do commerce. Get a high WAM with a those commerce wam boosting subjects. Then apply to transfer internally. You need at least 75+ WAM at unsw to be competitive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)