LAw Transfer (1 Viewer)

natrap

With your UAI you'd be pretty assured with a Distinction average or higher in your first year of Economics.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by lexie
hey leftism, i got exactly your UAI in 2002 and am applying to transfer into law. I received 4 high distinctions and 4 distinctions in my first year of studying a B Economics at USYD. I'll let you know if an offer comes in ok... but PRAY FOR MY SOUL - ARGHHHH ! :D
Nice, how hard did you have to work (i.e. how much study?) to get those?

Good luck.

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
thanks for the vote of confidence, guys

nd: Initially I was over-ambitious and studied for about 2-3 hours every night... after a month the enthusiasm wore off and I just made sure I was doing the minimum amount of work (i.e. tute readings) and glancing over my notes from Ec & Business statistics (biatch of a subject). All in all, probably amounted to about an hour every night (not including essay research & assignment preparation).

Left-ism

HSC
do u have to be good at maths to kill B Economics?
HOw different is it to high school economics- id prefer essays and stuff to mathematical calculations.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Left-ism
do u have to be good at maths to kill B Economics?
HOw different is it to high school economics- id prefer essays and stuff to mathematical calculations.
High school economics was fun - uni economics isn't
there is a fair amount of mathematical concepts, especially in 2nd and 3rd year with econometrics n all, coz remember, u are doing an economics degree to become an economist, not an textbook writer

mememe

Does anyone know if there's a difference between transfering from say arts at USYD into arts/law, OR going to another uni (e.g. macquarie) and transfering from arts/law there to arts/law at sydney?

Are they both as hard as each other, ie. distinction average and 98 or so UAI? i chose the latter, cos i wanted to get right into my degree rather than wait for a year. I know i just need to make sure mac's law subjects match sydney's for first year, and if not, catch up the units.

mememe

Yeah i know, but what i want to know is the process from transfering from arts/law somewhere else to arts/law at USYD.

Are you competing for the same places as those who are already at USYD doing a single degree e.g. arts and are trying to get into arts/law? Is it different because you've already done your 1st year of law? Or does it not matter at all?

I'm just curious cos i've heard heaps of people suggest doing single degrees at USYD then transfering, but i haven't heard anyone do law somewhere else then transfer, and that's what i'm trying.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
You'll get in easy, lexie.

mememe - the process is the same, the only difference is that you might not have to catch up law subjects later on.

lexie

Junior Burger
HSC
N/A
hehehehe
argh my stoopid hair! that straightener will see the death of me - gah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)