Law: UAI (1 Viewer)

sly_skittle

HSC
I was wondering what the actual cutoff for law was last year; 95 or 96.5
Also does anyone know that chances of getting into law with a UAI of 95.75? I didn't realise that I qualified for EAS until it was too late so I can't get bonus points.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
You have a 45.680709% chance.

Seriously though, it was over 96. Cross your fingers and good luck! Keep in mind that with your UAI a transfer wouldn't be too difficult. I know people who've even transferred into law in their second semester of first year (I don't know how that works though).

Last edited:

sly_skittle

HSC
Oh well:(
I only really want to do psychology- so i guess i can just combine it with art or science or maybe economics.
Its still high enough for law/psych at Macquarie :) and i wasn't expecting it

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
sly_skittle said:
Oh well:(
I only really want to do psychology- so i guess i can just combine it with art or science or maybe economics.
Its still high enough for law/psych at Macquarie :) and i wasn't expecting it
You never know, entrance marks do fall!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
littlewing69 said:
The sexiness of ANU Law overpowers me right now.
It overpowers everyone. For a quick comparison though:

UNSW's law building:

ANU's law building*:

Does Usyd's law building have a moat? NO!

Does UNSW's law building look strangely like Hogwarts? NO!

I rest my case.

*May not be a completely accurate representation of ANU's law building

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
you have no idea how lenient ANU is with giving bonus points for those who fall short of what they need.

case in point:

mate of mine achieved 1.2 below what he needed to get into B Science. had a quick casual chat to one of the deputy deans of the science faculty, showed him his year 12 certificate, and the dean approved (why? because his maths/phsyics/chemistry scores were above 65% (which equals to about a C)). likewise with another friend of mine who fell 2 UAI below B Science honours. showed the dean her year 12 cert, dean let her in simply because of the fact she did two science subjects.

if you did legal studies or/and english and got somewhat decent marks, i urge you to talk to the law faculty (come down to canberra for a day and do it in person). if they don't give you bonus marks i'll eat my hat.

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Er what do you mean by year 12 certificate? Is this something confined strictly to canberra?

Because in nsw the results are sent by mail in this a4 sheet of paper (not very aesthetic like the SC certificates) and posted up online.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
jas0nt said:
if you did legal studies or/and english and got somewhat decent marks, i urge you to talk to the law faculty (come down to canberra for a day and do it in person). if they don't give you bonus marks i'll eat my hat.
At least for law you're wrong, because there is too much demand. While they say that they may give special consideration to students who scored well in English, they haven't for years. The reason they give special consideration in subjects like science is because ANU sets a flat UAI across the board which applies to pretty much every subject besides law, medical science, medicine and the Phb and thus there are shortages of students undertaking some degrees.

Last edited:

mimiian

HSC
neo o said:
At least for law you're wrong, because there is too much demand. While they say that they may give special consideration to students who scored well in English, they haven't for years. The reason they give special consideration in subjects like science is because ANU sets a flat UAI across the board which applies to pretty much every subject besides law, medical science, medicine and the Phb and thus there are shortages of students undertaking some degrees.
i have to agree with neo o on this one, i have heard several stories about ppl who fall short less than one UAI but still got rejected.

as neo o said, it's all got to do with demand. the fact that ANU law cut-off has raised to 96.5 shows that the demand for the course is increasing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)