lawbooks.com website query (1 Viewer)

ChiK

HSC
N/A
Since we r on the topic of textbooks, I was just wondering whether the following site:

www.lawbooks.com.au

is trustworthy at all? also, whether the ordering and delivery time is very quick e.g. within 7 days?

how many of you have used this site to purchase textbooks?

is this site very up to date with textbooks that coincide with the start of each semester?

also, i would like someone to explain to me the difference b/tw "standard postage" and "registered and insured post" which is what this website asks when you want to get your textbooks delivered

does standard post mean that the textbook will be posted directly to your mailbox?

(.......bit worried here seeing that my mailbox is unlikely to be large enough for the textbooks is squeeze in)

L

LaraB

It explains it all on the website.... just about every law student knows about it, probably half of us i guess use it or have used it at some point, so its safe to asume it's reliable.

They are delivered by a Australia Post Mail Courier if they're bigger than letterbox sized, they bring them up to your door.

I'm assuming that since they come to the door that if they're not home they go to your nearest post office and then you pick them up from there (someone's always been home when they've been delivered for me and my brotehr).

Far as the difference between registrered and standard - again - the details are all there - there should be a link that you can click to see what that means otherwise go to the Australia Post website and look.

Basically though, registered & insured means if it's stolen or damaged or goes missing etc then the cost would be covered by them, or at least some of it, so you wouldn't just lose the books and the money you paid for them.

As far being up to date - it has books as they're available - it does not correspond with unis per es since that's the co-op bookshop's job so it's up to you to check ISBNs and make sure its the same book. They usually are as, if not more, up to date than co-op.

Oh and also - you don't get everything within 7 days. Some books, just liek co-op, t hey have to order from the publisher so it can be longer. It's usually within 10 days or so if they have to order it. The ones taht you get really quickly are ones that they have in stock at their premises. Check it to make sure you have it before when you need it - when you go to the "Cart" to pay for them, it'll come up on the right near the price next to each book if it's in stock or if they have to order it from a publisher and the expected time until receipt of delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:

magic

HSC
It took about 10 days for me last time, so order them as soon as you can. They get a courier to send it to your home, around 7am for mine.

It's the cheapest place that I found for new law books. Do anyone know any places that are cheaper (for new books).

I had a number for BPay last time. Do you have to pay it straight away or can you wait until after they deliver it before paying?

L

LaraB

magic said:
It took about 10 days for me last time, so order them as soon as you can. They get a courier to send it to your home, around 7am for mine.

It's the cheapest place that I found for new law books. Do anyone know any places that are cheaper (for new books).

I had a number for BPay last time. Do you have to pay it straight away or can you wait until after they deliver it before paying?
i'd assumed it was always pay before - since you have the option of paying registered/insurance ... and also coz that's what i've always done...

Probably safer to if you want the registered post thing and all of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)