LAws (1 Viewer)

chomp

HSC
Could someone define the 2 mendell laws so i can memorise them. My bio txt book explains it bad. Thanx

kathrynso

HSC
I'm not sure if these are what you are after. Hope it helps a bit =)

- Factors were separated from one another when the sex cells were formed (Mendel’s Law of Segregation)
- At fertilisation, offspring receive one factor from each parent randomly (Mendel’s Law of Independent Assortment)

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
I think that's the basic ideas.

I'll try anyway.

1st: factors (genes) exist in pairs. During formation of gametes, they are separated from each other and 'crammed' into different gametes.

2nd: During meiosis, each member of the pair mentioned above can be randomly 'crammed' into the same gamete with either member of the other pairs. This is due to their dependence on 'preferring' which way to go. I try to animate it, there's no laws specifically on how they prefer things and stuff. It's totally random. And the results: it's like you put on blindfold and pull out a bunch of damn colourful balls, you cannot predict their combination and nor can you force them to go in the direction you make up.

Have fun. They are very easy to understand. Don't get frustrated.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
do we need to know these laws? it doesnt really say specifically in the syllabus

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Don't you realize there are bunches of questions about these Mendel's Laws in both trials and official HSC papers? They are mandatory. If you want to take any risk, welcome!

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
i dint see any HSC questions on these laws, which questions and wat year are they in? from 2001-2006 i mean

HSC
Nah, you need to know the laws. But its up to you if you want to learn them.

rooeys2

i like to laugh =)
HSC
k thanks il have a look at them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)