Leadership skills (1 Viewer)

speedie

HSC
hey everyone, i was just looking at applications for courses and scholarships and such, and almost all of them ask for leadership qualities and activities...

what leadership things are there?
so far the ones i know of and dont have are SRC, sport captaincy, school captaincy :(

i tutor groups of kids though, that would count as leadership right?

so what else is there someone please help lol

Studly.McGee

Banned
HSC
I did Youth Parliament, that would count for me.

So extracurricular activities like that could go in.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly McGee and Untitled stop fighting.

These are the activities i have engaged in that concern leadership:
  • Peer tutoring
  • Leader of the our schools team at the Great Engineering Challenge 3 years in a row
  • Undertook the Leadership course
  • Lead a BBQ team which raises money to sponsor a family in Africa for 3 years
  • Play an active role in community fundraisers and events i.e. rasing money to shave a teachers head for "shave for a cure", selling chocolates etc.
I think that's about it, hopefully that should be enough to apply for UWS's "Vice-Chancellor Scholarship" and the "Academic Excellence Scholarship"

Last edited:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
nichhhole said:
other shameless self promotion [shikrar style :)] includes..
Yay, i have my own style. Awesome!!!

speedie

HSC
oh man i have none of that... if only i were more active instead of bludging around:(

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
speedie said:
oh man i have none of that... if only i were more active instead of bludging around:(
Oh don't worry, you should be fine, I am sure there are plenty of other things
that concern leadership involvement, you just can't remember.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi Shrikar, I would definitely apply for the Vice Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship at UWS. I work at UWS and its course information centre actually employs students to answer enquiries from prospective students. Most of the staff are on scholarships, including the vice chancellor's leadership scholarship, and it has provided then with such great opportunities. You wouldn't want to miss out by not lodging an application. All the details are on the UWS website http://www.uws.edu.au/students/scholarships/undergraduate/vcleadership
if you have any questions, or want to speak to a current uws student who is a vice chancellors scholarship recipient you should call the course info centre on 1800 897 669.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)