Leading Edge Exam Strategy Workshop (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Leading Edge seems to have exam strategy workshops every school holidays, the question i want to ask is, is it the same each term?:confused:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The revision workshops will revise on all topics. The exam strategy workshops will concentrate the technique in writing "top notch" essays. For more info, click here.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
ermm...you're not really answering the ques tho... I just want to know if the exam strategy workshops are the same each term.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I would think they are, since they are focusing on exam strategy, not the actual content of the course. I'll be attending it too. ;)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I would think they are, since they are focusing on exam strategy, not the actual content of the course. I'll be attending it too. ;)
did you go to the last one where they gave out pens to everyone?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Nah I didn't, this one in April will be my first. ;)

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Yeah, they are the same each term... might be a subtle change but i couldn't tell the diff.

ANyway, dont bother going to them, pm me instead and get the notes cheap =D

Catwalk

HSC
yeah the exam strategy workshops are EXACTLY the same every term. they even recycle the same jokes i heard, so don't bother going to more than one.

gnrlies

HSC
the actual techniques applied are the same, but the content changes as you've done more of the course.

My suggestion is this:

if you are looking to come to one, go to the last one of the year as you will cover all topics.

On the other hand, if you are struggling with exam strategy now, and want some hints for trials and other exams, it may be a good idea to come earlier. It just depends on how confident you feel.

But realistically there is not the necessity to go to more than one unless you want to see it applied to different content

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Too late, I already paid a while ago. I thought the workshop was pretty good, it helped with refreshing my mind with the earlier topics. By the way, I'm pretty sure the whole group were year 12's. Exam strategy workshop is tomorrow and I'll be going to that as well.

HSC
When I went to the workshops before, the exam strategies were always the same, but the content ones changed slightly as the year went on. They were good, I thought. I also thought that only Yr12s are allowed into the workshop? There were definitely only Yr12s there before.

And sharing notes is actually a really good idea, especially when it comes to Trials and HSC and you're dying cos you have a crap teacher...you should do it!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
hmm actually looking back on my lecture notes from that day i just realised ...

I WENT TO EDASSIST :(

so disregard my comment, sorry

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
bobness said:
hmm actually looking back on my lecture notes from that day i just realised ...

I WENT TO EDASSIST :(

so disregard my comment, sorry
serious? i went too. which lectures did you go to?

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
the one at usyd march 4-5?

i went to the all day one on saturday (time managment, exam strategy and essay writing) plus advanced maths and advanced english on sunday

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
bobness said:
the one at usyd march 4-5?

i went to the all day one on saturday (time managment, exam strategy and essay writing) plus advanced maths and advanced english on sunday
lol yeah at usyd but history extension on the 18th april. Also a few AOS's and a modern one last holidays.

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I dunno if he mentioned it in his last lecture but i couldn't stop laughing after he told us that the British trained birds to shit on German submarines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)