Leading Edge 'holiday workshop PLUS' (1 Viewer)

felixcthecat

HSC
lolz, i don't remember saying 'hi i'm felix' lmao...... !! umm, so who rrr uu 2??

edit: oh.. unless i was out getting my name tag.. but that won't be talking to a guy leaning on a wall =Z

Last edited:

Catwalk

HSC
haha @ felix!

so where were you sitting, lilkiwifruit? i don't remember seeing any white tops! i have a ridiculously bad memory. :p

now you know i'm one of the many short asians that were there!

btw, if either of you DOES somehow manage to find out who i am tomorrow, keep it on the lowdown, okay girl and boy? ;) would hate for my friends to find out i'm on this forum, and would also hate for my identity to be revealed here! TA :)

Catwalk

HSC
true that!

if i do happen to bump into a felix, i'll say hi or at least give you a smile!

should sleep...... see you tomorrow, bright and early! *groannn*

iyamahobbit

Resident hobbit
HSC
Catwalk: i kid u not... mm yummy donuts and muffins too... we got mints at the table too... not bad to keep u awake and get rid of the ikki taste in the water.

Felix:
waitwait.. while some economics ppl are here..
how do i relate international convergence into my China globalisation case study? i don't really how u get to relate, but if u refer back to that book we got today, a few pages past what we were up to, there's a skeleton for writing up the assignment.. one of the points were international convergence.. and i hav nooo idea wut to write.. sumthing about comparing China's economic well-being to another economy? maybe i should post this in economics forum.. hehe, but i'll try my luck here ^^
Haven't looked at my stuff for a bit, but here's what i'm guess they mean:

International convergence = due to globalisation, economies of diff countries tend to influence each other more. So -- comparing China's well being to another country: say, oil prices are on the rise, globally. I would have to read articles or not to verify this statement, but for the purpose of this exercise, you could say... that because of the rise in oil prices, the cost of production in China has increased >> increased cost of goods in China. It's a bit of a dodged example, but that's the general idea.

To compare australia and china, you could say...
China imports raw materials from Australia... so if China's economy is picking up, it has positive effects on Australia's, as it means more exports for us, so more demand of our goods.

Hope that was helpful :) No doubt they'll explain it at the workshop tho :)

felixcthecat

HSC
yupp thanx! they did sorta explain it at the workshop, but not realli linking it to the case study.. i think i get wut u mean now thanx thanx ^^

edit: they say they don't have donuts and muffins cuz biscuits are "more healthy"!! muahaha, now i'm gonna grow up healthier than u =D oh and in the comment sheet we had to fill in at the end, i helped you comment that the water doesn't taste ikki anymore! lmao ^^''

Last edited:

Catwalk

HSC
we had mints as well! hehe

felix: i still have NO clue as to who you are. :( where were you sitting?

felixcthecat

HSC
just the same as i had no clue who u were...! umm u kno the guy who asked a lot of questions? i sat on his table... or in other words, go in the room, on the left, 2nd table, in white ^^ u?
see? they mentioned donuts today again!! heh.. too bad they care about our health =D

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
felixcthecat said:
just the same as i had no clue who u were...! umm u kno the guy who asked a lot of questions? i sat on his table... or in other words, go in the room, on the left, 2nd table, in white ^^ u?
see? they mentioned donuts today again!! heh.. too bad they care about our health =D
I SAW YOU!!!!!! LOL
Anyways... anyone going to the workshop on Monday? And what did you think about Laura?

felixcthecat

HSC
lilkiwifruit said:
I SAW YOU!!!!!! LOL
Anyways... anyone going to the workshop on Monday? And what did you think about Laura?

realli? ahh, lolz, so where did u sit? or wut were u wearing?.. not that i remember what all 50 odd ppl were wearing.. i'm going in morning session as well for monday.. u?

edit: laura... iono, she looked mean!! ><'' i liked ankit's presentations tho ^^ he's quite open =D

Last edited:

felixcthecat

HSC
mhm lucky i learned how to turn my pm on 2 days ago ^0^

oh and from today, a comment for this thread~ the notes and stuff are good, but not worth the money.. , just to answer something i wasn't able to answer a few days ago...

Catwalk

HSC
about the presenters (so it's not really OT ;) ):

laura's actually really really nice! when you talk to her individually she's actually pretty cool. i gotta admit though, she's my least favourite out of all the leading edge tutors. ankit!! omg, he's the biggest laugh! love that guy! haha

i reckon it's worth the money! i thought the workshops were really good. the topic 2 overview was especially good, i actually understood everything they said! the 1st day was a little hazy for me, probably cos i wasn't used to getting up early. :p

i actually don't think the notes are that great. :confused: disappointing, because leading edge is famous for the notes! the notes from the weekly tuition is better i heard. ;)

(i'll be there on monday! after 4 days of meeting, we're BOUND to find out who each other are. felix, i had my back to you! no wonder i couldn't see you, hehe)

felixcthecat

HSC
i thought the essay structures were realli good!! i'm doing my globalisation case study rite now.. (almost finished!!) and i basically based it all on their structure provided... i couldve done it myself, but i still think their notes are just a touch better than not having them..

ohh i go to the workshops PLUS, so i get their weekly notes as well.. but they've been soo lazy, cuz i joined mid term, they only JUST gave the notes to me on the first session on thursday... *sigh*, does giving out notes later giv them an economic advantage? =P i havn't realli read their notes precisely yet.. but they seem quite good as well, with some exercises similar to the one we did today (orange sheet), which realli makes u hav to link everything together.. (that's wut's economics about isn't it?), but u get lazy if they weren't there to push u to do it.. ^^''

and adding to my previous post, despite not being worth the money, the goodness it gives (esp weekly notes as well) is worth going to!! i suggest workshops PLUS cuz i personally can't dedicate all that time each week (2.5 hrs), and it's like half the price compared to if u do go each week, while getting basically exactly the same things

(so u were at the front table in black?)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
I would recommend SP just because they give you the notes and then push you to read through it and do revision sheets. I think you would have to be a very motivated person to be able to individually learn the notes they send you each week. Like I know for me, I would convince myself that I'll read through the notes but in reality I just don't seem to have the time or motivation to do that.

felixcthecat

HSC
lilkiwifruit said:
I would recommend SP just because they give you the notes and then push you to read through it and do revision sheets. I think you would have to be a very motivated person to be able to individually learn the notes they send you each week. Like I know for me, I would convince myself that I'll read through the notes but in reality I just don't seem to have the time or motivation to do that.

i'd recommend workshops plus only.. but join the whole thing.. so go for all the courses term 1-4, not just term 4 as u first suggested~ i'd peronally be able to motivate myself to do it.. because spending 2.5 hrs each week at the centre is really quite a lot of time.. i guess not that much when compared to other subjects like maths.. hehe.. but i believe that if you really are trying to improve your hsc marks, you don't need to pay double the price for the guidance each week... since u basically get all the same things besides from the 2.5hrs class each week..

now that all the holiday workshops are over for the summer holidays.. i really don't think the exam strategy is worth the $179 or wutever u'd needa pay..but when u join workshops plus, it's all included, so it turns from paying that, it becomes making the most out of a big sum you paid.. i just see it differently.. so if u pay separately for the workshops, i'd only suggest may be the reviews.. not the exam strategy..

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I still keep getting their bloody letters/flyers in the mail... they claim to be able to improve my mark and I'm like... Wow can they turn back time too?

felixcthecat

HSC
seremify007 said:
I still keep getting their bloody letters/flyers in the mail... they claim to be able to improve my mark and I'm like... Wow can they turn back time too?

haha.. just incase u had a younger brother that needed them ^^''~ i don't get the point of sending me any of those flyers about those holiday workshops when i've joined workshops plus and signed up for the holiday workshops already..ohwell, it's they're way of marketing, bit wierd tho =Z

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
>_> Ironically they got my addy when I signed up for the free newsletter/updates and HSC-guide when my HSC was approaching... *sigh* you'd think they would've figured that someone who orders HSC-help-guide just before the HSC is likely to do their HSC right?

let.me.die

HSC
i went to the strategy workshop thing. i thought it was ok. i liked the free stuff they gave but kinda found the exercises a bit pointless, cause i havent done those topics yet and probably wont remember what we did when i actually do those topics.

felixcthecat

HSC
seremify007 said:
>_> Ironically they got my addy when I signed up for the free newsletter/updates and HSC-guide when my HSC was approaching... *sigh* you'd think they would've figured that someone who orders HSC-help-guide just before the HSC is likely to do their HSC right?
lol.. hmm i guess it's their waste of money, and their way of remind u of their help! so maybe u could ummm *spread the word* ^^''

let.me.die said:
i went to the strategy workshop thing. i thought it was ok. i liked the free stuff they gave but kinda found the exercises a bit pointless, cause i havent done those topics yet and probably wont remember what we did when i actually do those topics.
then look bac to those excersises u did during the workshop! lolz..yea the CAD one was a bit wierd.. i just waited for the answers =D

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)