Learning Arabic (1 Viewer)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Had no idea what section to post this on.

How do you learn Arabic in Australia? Would I be better advised to get a private tutor or are there organisations that run lessons which would be better/cheaper?

Currently in Year 12 and I don't think the unis I've been looking at (UTS and USYD) offer Modern Standard Arabic, or am I completely wrong on that count?

Any help would be appreciated.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
1. How do you know my name?

2. Because I have aspirations for foreign correspondence and a sound working knowledge of arabic would put me in very good stead in the Middle East, and would set me apart from the other Western journalists huddling in their enclaves.

Also, Persian would be great because Iranians are really good looking i reckon.

Sprangler

HSC
Do you want to learn Farsi or Arabic?

Also yes USYD does offer Arabic.

Jeee

Banned
HSC
I warn you, it's extremely difficult, Arabic. One of the most complicated languages. I'm Arab, and I've attended Arabic school for about five years, and it is still very difficult for me to grasp. I can speak Arabic, and also read some, but half the time I don't even understand what I'm reading.

You're better off with Arabic than Persian, as you'll be able to deal with a lot more countries. And because I'm biased.

I also wish to do something along the lines of international relations with the Middle East. You can do Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies at USYD along with whatever you wish to do.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Do you want to learn Farsi or Arabic?

Also yes USYD does offer Arabic.
Arabic I think, like Jeee said it's spoken by about twice as many people.
Yes it seems USYD does...but the plan is to take two years off before uni and dedicate the second one to language. I might be able to hunt around the uni and find some tutor to private tutor me.

I warn you, it's extremely difficult, Arabic. One of the most complicated languages. I'm Arab, and I've attended Arabic school for about five years, and it is still very difficult for me to grasp. I can speak Arabic, and also read some, but half the time I don't even understand what I'm reading.

You're better off with Arabic than Persian, as you'll be able to deal with a lot more countries. And because I'm biased.

I also wish to do something along the lines of international relations with the Middle East. You can do Arabic and Middle Eastern Studies at USYD along with whatever you wish to do.
Yeah i knew it would be. Well i want to do MECO at Usyd, which is 98 points which means i'm relatively fucked.
And again, how do you know my name?

Last edited:

Jeee

Banned
HSC
And again, how do you know my name?
Lol is it really your name? I call people a lot of random things. I say:
Hey Bert
Hey Tom
Hey Malvin
Hey Jacob
etc

Just because.

What an awesome coinkidinky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)