Leaving Australia to make some dough! (1 Viewer)

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
As my University course in going to be in excess of 80k (Aviation), I have figured out that I could make more money overseas, work for a year, and come back home with a good conversion rate. Apparently England/UK offers the best exchage, so whats it like there. I dont wanna work in a pub or anything, mabye 1 or 2 part-time jobs/1 fulltime job. Whats on offer for jobs, is it expenseive to live there??

calagain

Banned
HSC
lol.

i think you're forgetting the living costs, you'd have to set yourself up over there etc.

stupid idea, you won't earn more money than you would here for a basic job, unless you get a great paying job offer over there which you can't get here (you won't). any "benefit" you get from the exchange rate will be negated.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
milocole said:
As my University course in going to be in excess of 80k (Aviation), I have figured out that I could make more money overseas, work for a year, and come back home with a good conversion rate. Apparently England/UK offers the best exchage, so whats it like there. I dont wanna work in a pub or anything, mabye 1 or 2 part-time jobs/1 fulltime job. Whats on offer for jobs, is it expenseive to live there??
That's so my current plan at the moment.
I've got family over there and things so living shouldnt be to bad.
I don't care, I'll make it work.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
if you can get super cheap (read: free) accommodation, then it's a neat idea. otherwise it's really just not feasible hey.

besides, why are you worrying about the cost of your degree? what is that bullshit. seriously, it's called HECS guy.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
Guys, I only thought about this today, in the last 20mins or so after reading someone else wanting to do it. I doubt ill bother now!!.

I Love Australia too much:p

Muz4PM

HSC
If you want a large salary for a year's work, why don't you go to the WA/Qld mines? Sure, the work conditions would be uncomfortable for a year, and the accomidation not five star, but by the end of it you would get about a fair amount of money (some reports 100k??) Once you minus from that tax and living expenses, you would get a pretty good chunk of money. I considered doing that for a gap year, but meh, I will just HEC's it and pay it off.

orangehenry

HSC
hey just wondering, cos it sounds like a really good way to get money, but what type of mining job could you do straight out of highschool with no experience? I was checking out seek and they all required fairly particular prior experience. Has anyone ever heard of year out people doing this?

michael1990

HSC
Its really expensive for living.

If you get a job that has free accomodation and such.

Go and earn a lot of money :D.

Otherwise it would be heaps heaps cheaper to stay over here and earn money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)