Lecture clash (1 Viewer)

Hatake88

HSC
Hey guys,
Just looked at my timetable and realized two of my lectures clashes with each other. There is only one lecture time for each subject too meaning I can't swap things around.

What should I do? Is it worth it to do a subject through listening to online lectures alone?

222tracytracy222

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,
Just looked at my timetable and realized two of my lectures clashes with each other. There is only one lecture time for each subject too meaning I can't swap things around.

What should I do? Is it worth it to do a subject through listening to online lectures alone?
Honestly, most lectures aren't even worth attending (this has been my experience anyway).

Clashing lectures aint an issue unless those subjects have in-lecture exams, in which case they are usually held during the first hour.

Btw, I never attend any of my lectures and just do everything online. I find 2 hours to be a long time and tend to lose focus. Everyone is different though. Attend and see how you feel.

crazy_paki123

HSC
i actually find printing out notes and actually attending the lecture to be more beneficial but yeah everyones different. if i were u id just go to one and listen to the other online, seems like your only option tbh

ChrisAC

HSC
I always listened online because i tended to lose focus during the 2 hours and when i came back from daydreaming i was frustrated i may have missed something. So listening online of course gives you the option of rewinding and listening again. Theres basically nothing you miss other than peer interaction which is another distraction anyway.

However attending lectures forces you to be there for the content and is better for those who cant be disciplined enough to actually attentively listen to the lecture online themselves. Theres rarely any bonus content you get from attending. Even the advantage of asking questions to the lecturer can be substituted by discussion boards on ilearn or emailing the tutor anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)