Lecture Jumping (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
What happens if say, you have a lecture which goes from 9-10 and then another that starts right on 10? Is this the equivalent of a timetable clash, or are you just expected to run from one lecture to the next?

If so, don't lecturers get really pissy if you arrive late? If the first lecture runs late and you have to walk across campus to get to the second lecture, wouldn't you be like 10-15mins+ late and get scolded by an angry, interrupted lecturer every week?

Has anyone faced this problem? If so, how did you deal with it?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
in unsw lectures usually end 5 minutes before the hour and start 5 after. That way you have time to grab a bite, hit the toilet and drag your ass to the next lecture. Lecturers won't get to annoyed if you show up 5 minuets late, but will be tempted to throw smart remarks at you if he sees you waltzing in half an hour late.

Leggs

HSC
What happens if say, you have a lecture which goes from 9-10 and then another that starts right on 10? Is this the equivalent of a timetable clash, or are you just expected to run from one lecture to the next?

If so, don't lecturers get really pissy if you arrive late? If the first lecture runs late and you have to walk across campus to get to the second lecture, wouldn't you be like 10-15mins+ late and get scolded by an angry, interrupted lecturer every week?

Has anyone faced this problem? If so, how did you deal with it?
I dont know about the other uni's but at macquarie lectures start at 5 past the hour and finish at 5 to. So you have 10 minutes to get wherever you need to go. And as long as you don't actually disrupt the lecture, they really dont care. Just come in and sit in the nearest available seat.

KarmaKitten

HSC
Or you can leave lectures early. If its a big lecture, I usually leave early if i have to run off to another lecture. And lecturers usually dont mind when you come into the lecture as long as you don't make a lot of noise and disrupt the teaching.

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
I am saying i am going to be going from one lecture straight to another alot, not my contact hours

BoyNextDoor

HSC
I only have to do that once.
On Tuesdays.....I have a lecture at 4:00pm-6:00pm and then another one at 6:00pm-8:00pm.
lol

velzee

In silence let him lie.
HSC
wtf... science students such as myself seem to have way more contact hours...
Yerh 24 contact hours, stuck at uni for 36 hours, average of 9 hours a day for 4 days. This lecture jumping thing is the bane of my uni existence, without it who knows how long id be stuck at uni for lol

piitb

HSC
tuesday 11pm to 5pm. 3 different subjects, no break in between, fkn assholes

morganjane

HSC
I've read in my student handbook and i've been told about the academic ten minutes at my university. before noon lectures end after fifty minutes and after noon lectures start ten minutes after the hour to give students time to commute between classes.

Hope it helps

Blessings
Morgan

mz`ds

HSC
what about for tutorials? because on fridays i have tutorial/lecture/tutorial/tutorial one after the other. will i make it in time for each one?

jellybelly08

HSC
Relax guys, more that likely you won't be the only one who has the same lecture/tute back to back. The lecturers/tutors aren't going to start class with no one there.

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
The answer was revealed to us by none other then the bright and conscientious Hermione Granger. All you simply need is a magical hourglass. That way, you can even book up classes over the top of each other and then go back in time and attend the other one! See, not a minute lost...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)