Lecture notes?? (1 Viewer)

HKspec009

HSC
People do we have to print all lecture notes or can we just buy them from the copy centre or something? I'd rather buy them as printing lecture notes for 5 subjects for the next 13 weeks is gonna be a bitch!
I really want to have them on me and complete them (If only i had a tablet :( )
Anyway, if you can't help then can you tell me how you guys do everything, as in do you read over what you did, do questions from textbooks read into next class/weeks work.
Any help is appreciated :)

teeah

HSC
Hey, I'm not sure about the lecture notes but I know you can buy the course manuals from the copy centre - from the very few lectures I've experienced so far, the lecturers have the notes there anyways, so maybe you could just check them out before the lecture online to familiarize yourself with the content, take notes (like on a notepad) during the lecture and just complete the notes when you have access to a computer later? or bring a laptop?

:)

rosemcc

HSC
People do we have to print all lecture notes or can we just buy them from the copy centre or something? I'd rather buy them as printing lecture notes for 5 subjects for the next 13 weeks is gonna be a bitch!
I really want to have them on me and complete them (If only i had a tablet :( )
Anyway, if you can't help then can you tell me how you guys do everything, as in do you read over what you did, do questions from textbooks read into next class/weeks work.
Any help is appreciated :)
also interested in knowing this...
theres SO MUCH to print. I don't want to use my laptop in say, chem and math, but it's so much paperwork to carry around to print all the notes.

RishBonjour

HSC
guys, what exactly are the "lecture notes" that extremely long line infront of co-op. Are they like "notes" or lecture slides?

rosemcc

HSC
guys, what exactly are the "lecture notes" that extremely long line infront of co-op. Are they like "notes" or lecture slides?
they're not lecture notes or slides, they're the course readers or manuals and only some (if any) of your classes would need them. For example I have a psyc manual and a biol manual - both are free pdfs online but you need to bring them to tutes or pracs so its easier to just buy it unless you want to print out a hundred pages.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
There's no NEED to print lecture notes off anyway.

I've gone through uni without needing to.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
The co-op shop line is for textbooks. There is a second line that goes into the Copy Centre which is where course readers come from. Course readers include things like readings that are required for tutes. They are NOT lecture notes.

It's unusually for lecture notes to be provided in printed/bound form at the start of sem (apart from several maths subjects) because lecturers often only finish writing the slides the day or two before the lecture is presented. This means that they can always be including the most recent information in their lectures. You will need to print them out from LMS every time you have a lecture. Most lecturers put them up before the lecture, but some only put them up after the lecture. You'll need to ask your specific lecturers what their preferred style is.

Everyone has a different learning style as to what works best for them in regards to taking notes in lectures. For psych subjects, I like to print out the lecture slides with lines for writing on and take notes as I go. For Maths subjects, I only use an exercise book and copy notes off the blackboard. For artsy subjects, I never bother with lecture slides, but take notes about important themes and such during the lecture (I'd use a laptop if I had one that was light enough to carry to uni).

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
From my own experience, I wouldn't recommend printing them because it's a waste of paper and sometimes you don't pay as much attention but as stated above, I guess it differs for each person.

I remember in 1st year physics, my thermal physics lecturer printed out the lecture notes for everyone in the lecture (seriously).

Airstrike

HSC
Buy your manuals/handbooks online, so much better....
and yeah you don't need to print, with technology these days, i just write my own notes from them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)