• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Lecture Question (1 Viewer)

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
I do a unit called Marketing Principles, and it says that i didnt have to register for lectures and i can attend lectures at any campus..so does this mean i dont have to go to them? it says notes will be put up on Webct..what happens if i dont go..?

L

LaraB

you technically don't have to go to any lectures.. you don't sign in so they have no way of knowing if you're not there

but still - the fact that there is a lecture infers that there is value in it so you should at least go for the first few weeks - even though there's notes on webct doesn't mean the lectures are useles..

i had one last semester where the webct notes were only about a tenth of the actual info you got from the lecture so maybe go to first few weeks and see how it goes

klh

HSC
really? i did marketing principles last semester and we had to pick.
FOr me, th eelctures were a pain and so i just left it to cramfest aut2005 [my affectionate term for stuvac] but it depends, you dont have to go but its better to do so so that you can ask questions and get things simplified, books sometimes are not very clear.

HSC
for my crime and crimnology unit my lecture is on thursdays and thats my ONLY class thursday, im still gonna ttend because its a level 2 unit so im jus scared i ownt do well without it, i think lectures are important to attend, even if u get the notes off webCT because the lecturer usually adds stuff as they talk

klh

HSC
the most important thing in these is to read broadly, start with those reccomended readings, they will earn you good marks!!!! in the outline
if you do not, passes are the maximum unless your bullshitting talent is outstanding.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
klh said:
the most important thing in these is to read broadly, start with those reccomended readings, they will earn you good marks!!!! in the outline
if you do not, passes are the maximum unless your bullshitting talent is outstanding.
*notes advice* :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Nats right. 3 hours may be a long time. But the info that you gain from lecturers first hand experience can not be found in textbooks.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
i did marketing principles in spring 2002

u didnt hv to go to lectures

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I did that subject last semester, the reason they probably arent getting you to register for lectures is that after the first week (if you have John Stanton) theres only about 20 people that turn up! Apparantly some lecturers are very good for this topic but others are really really bad, so go to your first few and decide if it is going to be beneficial for you to go.

LMM

LMM
HSC
In the situation where you don't need to register for lectures this generally means that there is only one lecture time available so the understanding is that all students who are enrolled in this subject will have to attend at the same time. It is true that lectures are generally not compulsory, and the onus is on the student to attend, but from my experience I have found lectures to be quite a valuable tool, but everyone is different :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)