Lecture Times (1 Viewer)

Terra_Niux

l337 h4x0r
HSC
N/A
Hey, i've just got a question about lecture times, on Wednesday I have..

13.30 - CSCI114 40.HOPE
14.30 - CSCI114 40.HOPE
15.30 - CSCI130 67.107

I'm assuming that CSCI114 is a 2 hour lecture, What i'm concerned about is that if it is a 2 hour lecture CSCI114 finishes at 15.30 but CSCI130 starts at 15.30 does this mean i'm going to have to literally run from 40.HOPE to 67.107 and even then still probably be late as both lectures finish/start at the same time? Somebody explain this to me please.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
No, you'll never have to run, because lectures typically start 5 minutes later than you're timetable states, so you'll start at 13.35, and you'll finish 5 minutes earlier generally, so you have 10 minutes to get to your next lecture, but even then, it doesn't matter if you're late you just rock into the theatre when you want and exit when you want. There's no bells etc for uni, so it's all just based on when the lecturer wants to start and finish, sometimes you'll finish 25minutes early or start 15minutes late.

santaslayer

HSC
Some idiots think it's cool to rock up 20 mins late. They walk ALL the way down to the front of the lecture room and take their time. They tell me it's "kool" because everyone has the time to see clearly who you are...and you'll be famous for it.

*Looks @ Snapwizard* :p

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've been known to walk into hope theatre in one door and walk straight back out via the other door muttering words like 'ah fuckit, might as well go home'

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Without Wings said:
how about tutorials - do they begin 5 mins late too and end 5 mins early?
Yes.

Also, the 40.HOPE theatre and 67.107 are close. Try going from 25.107 to the Megalab in building 3. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Biggest walk i've had to do was Building 51 to Building 1. For those not familiar, try the top of campus next to the Western Carpark to the bottom of uni past the Unihall and Unibar.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
Raiks said:
Biggest walk i've had to do was Building 51 to Building 1. For those not familiar, try the top of campus next to the Western Carpark to the bottom of uni past the Unihall and Unibar.
oh raiks! thats NOTHING. i thought in uni you were supposed to drop the lazy habits you picked up in your senior highschool years!

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
aLeeOh! said:
oh raiks! thats NOTHING. i thought in uni you were supposed to drop the lazy habits you picked up in your senior highschool years!
hahahahahaha..... my lazy habits weren't dropped when i got to Uni, they were refined with the instruments of cheap alcohol and sleeping in before class.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Raiks said:
lol, the demountables... didn't know they ran classes in them

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah, I had Environmental Law up there... and there's some Islamic church studies/terrorist training building behind the demountables... so I think UOW just hide the religious and environmental extremists away from everyone.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah like the others said, Hope theatre and building 67 are like next door to each other...no running required.

Although i found that my tutes always started on the dot last year.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I remember last semester our tut started 35min late. None of the tute had done the homework, and the tutor said that we might as well not start until somebody actually arrives who has done the work. 35min later my friend rushes in apologising for being late, the reason he gave for being late "I hadn't done the tute work so I did it outside and pretended just to be running late". I guess 1 person out of 20 isn't too bad.

santaslayer

HSC
Tutes ALWAYS ran on the dot for me....pain in the arse...

I still can't get myself around the fucking arts and creative arts buildings...fucking arts ppl...:p

The creative arts people HAD to make the bloody building 10000000000000x more creative than any normal building....kept running into dead ends...:p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Without Wings said:
ahh well just looked at my timetable and i have a gap between all mine...i thought that one was starting when the other finished but i mixed up the time... ahh well looks like i'll have random 1 hours to spend at the uni filling in time
just be thankful you don't have my timetable, die UOW!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Without Wings said:
ahh well just looked at my timetable and i have a gap between all mine...i thought that one was starting when the other finished but i mixed up the time... ahh well looks like i'll have random 1 hours to spend at the uni filling in time
You can spend it with me :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Without Wings said:
well i always wanted to meet a bos member, and who could say no to meeting one who goes to uow :)
Now it's just a matter of finding me, I'm quite elusive :D

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Without Wings said:
ahh, dont worry, ive got plenty of time to wander around the campus looking...ive got ur number, ill just keep callin it till you either answer and tell me where u are, or until i can hear a phone ring and see someone answer it :p (altho that could take quite a while!)

ahh gee now i sound like a stalker!
Are you stalking me? Because that would be super :D

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Rather then creating a new thread. when will personal timetables be released?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
they won't (unless your doing engieering, where they give something [horendously out of date] to you during enrollment)

you have to make them yourselves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)