Lectures (1 Viewer)

Vylen

HSC
Let me just check.. if you have 4 lectures a week for a subject, in reality you only have to attend 2 or 3..... or something? right?.. heh

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
You're meant to attend everything on your timetable.

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Your 'reality' maybe different to everyone else. In theory, you are supposed to attend to every class on your timetable, as MedNez pointed out.

In reality, most people will end up skipping classes - but that is entirely up to the student. In a lot of cases, they skip the lectures because the lecturer is not very good.

I may as well point out to you now, that doing well, even passing in university is not that difficult - its all about effort and consistency. If you want to skip, fine. But don't complain if you fail.

Vylen

HSC
ok thanks... cause a lot of people have talked about skipping lectures but no one has actually mentioned about some lectures being redundant... till i came across one users post mentioning that a lecturer may tell students that some classes will in fact be "repeats" of others... so i was uncertain.. plus my sister was harrassing me about it

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
Yes, some lectures are repeated. This means that a different stream, will pretty much have an identical lecture ie. same slides, lecturer, same content. So yes, you can skip lectures if you plan to go to a repeat lecture, althought I must note that not all lectures are repeats. In some cases, they are different lecturers, and might be behind, or ahead of the coursework.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
You will notice a trend every semester where your lectures will begin chock full of eager young students but as the weeks go by, less and less people show up.

Affinity

HSC
try not to skip any, but again.. it also depemds on your subjects.. some could be studied independently

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
t-i-m-m-y said:
... that doing well, even passing in university is not that difficult
Now I am beginning to worry

Gillianna

HSC
Do we need to bring sound recorders to lectures or tutorials? I've heard that the Drs/ Professors talk and write incredibly fast!
Do we also need to bring laptops?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Gillianna said:
Do we need to bring sound recorders to lectures or tutorials? I've heard that the Drs/ Professors talk and write incredibly fast!
Do we also need to bring laptops?
No and No
Wait till uni starts and then decide.

Vylen

HSC
i think its more of an issue of convenience than a requirement chiseled in stone...

if you're lazy or think you cant keep up, then bring a recroder... that sort of thing

DanielleM

HSC
hey, l already know that we dont attend tutorials on the first week, but do we have to attend labs if we have one???

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
DanielleM said:
hey, l already know that we dont attend tutorials on the first week, but do we have to attend labs if we have one???
Labs are compulsory if you wanna gain some extra marks
tutorials are also compulsory but lectures are not
but do u really want to skip lectures....unless u have to finish off assignments and stuff

kaitoufion

HSC
Also keep in mind that in most subjects, to pass the course you must attend at least 80% (some 75%) of tutorials/labs.

So basically, you can't afford to miss more than twice ^.^"
Therefore attending tutorials/labs is not only for the mark :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
DanielleM said:
That will depend what course you are taking. Some courses particularly first year science (Chem, bio) require students to attend labs on first week for intro etc.

jonathan__

HSC
Is there a minimum % or number of lectures that must be attended tho?
Don't they make online versions of the lecture?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)