Leear: Quotes + Readings? (1 Viewer)

Shadowulf

HSC
im having trouble finding quotes for certain readings or parts of the play which show different aspects of each character or event, so if people could help me with this... ill just write up a few of the ones which im having most trouble with

of course, if anyone else wants help to find a quote or something to help them prove a point, post here as well

First of all, im trying to find the best quotes that show Lear losing his sanity
also, anything which may sound like Goneril and Regan dont have cruel intentions behind thier actions towards Lear (sounds crazy? oO")

Best quotes to show:
- Lear treating his daughters at loyal subjects rather ths his daugthers.
- the clash between Goneril and Regan, over Edmund.
- each daughter's reactions to gaining power or wealth. => Any change in the daugthers throughout the progression of the play

Parts that show best the themes of Power/politics and blindness

sorry if this post is a little messy, but im kinda busy with other stuff ive fallen behind in..

any help greatly appreciated =)

*miranda*

HSC
my thoughts are a little hazy - but the clash over goneril and regan over edmund is best seen in the scene between regan and osmund or whatever gonerils man servants name is - she says something like i'd be better suited to edmund....

the scene before lear is found by cordelias search party shows lear insane - i'm not sure about quotes of him loosing his sanity, perhaps some of the moments with the fool? and on the heath in the storm?

probably not much help.....I need to re-read the play...damn studying it in term 4

emuthegreat

HSC
I'm even more screwed . My assessment is in week 7 and I haven't read the play yet .

Anyone else as lazy as me ? So I don't feel as screwed .. lol

Shadowulf

HSC
@miranda: thanks for the ideas, i'll re-read those parts of the play =)

@emuthegreat: haha, well not particularly for king lear, but i havent read Brave New World yet... at we studied it last term ahaha >.< youd imagine how bad my assessment was...

emuthegreat

HSC
Haha ! Once again I'm lazy . I haven't read BNW either :) But I'm extremely happy with my rank, considering i don't do anything lol . I have a feeling King Lear will screw me up .

Shadowulf

HSC
haha damn, im lazy and my ranking really shows it...
the people that i teased for being FOB last year... well they get to call me fob this year even if i was born here XD

emuthegreat

HSC
lol, Yea, nobody thought I'd be ranked 4th this year because they are try so hard whereas I'm too lazy . I just read a few essays and online summaries of the texts and bullshit in exams lol .

Hope you do good in King Lear, I think I should learn the characters names first lol :):) We can do it !

Shadowulf

HSC
woah nice, 4th... my rankings a 3-digit number roflmao =P
haha out of curiosity, do you go to local school, private, or selective??
theres not many people i know at a selective school that can be lazy and get a ranking in the top 5... maybe 1 or 2 people only lol

haha i dunno what BNW is about =(
alright my fellow bludger, lets aim for a top band 5 or low band 6 XD

emuthegreat

HSC
I go to local . I purposely didn't try for selective because I wanted to go to the High School I am at now, all my primary school friends were going . I regret that now, even when my mum tried sending me to private lol .

I've made heaps of bad decisions concerning my subject choices, lol my parents never pushed me so I never cared about school .

BNW ?? Oh, I have like heaps of information that I've gained from tutoring . LOL, if you need help, don't be afraid to ask :)

Shadowulf

HSC
haha damn.. >.< didnt think of changing schools after year 10?

haha yeh parents who arent pushy.. well they can be good and bad
my parents were pushy back when i was in primary, they full sent me tutoring and crap, thats how i got into a selective school in the first place

problem is.. have you ever had that feeling, that goes something like "hey i did really good in that test, i feel smart now, im gonna bludge" feeling??
well i got that since getting into a selective school, and well my marks plummeted over the past 5 year haha
not very easy to get back on my feet since i was tutor reliant in my primary years =S

lol haha thanks for the offer, ill get back to you closer to the holidays.. i got exams all this week =S english speech: tomorrow lol

emuthegreat

HSC
Nopes, by Year9 I went from a Straight A student to going downhill dramatically . Year10 was my worst academic year ever, resulted in parent meetings etc lol . And it was too hard to leave my friends behind lol .

My parents are pretty leninent and non-asian haha ! my dads more serious about education but my mum doesn't want to push me academic wise, she doen't believe in all work no play, but I regret slacking off.. it's so hard to get into the habit of studying :(

lol Nopes, Because I don't normally get good marks . It used to be "as long as I pass, I'm happy". But this year, I started seeing 80+%'s even a 92 in legal . I just get all surprised, and everyone else does too.. because I'm just THAT bludgy . lol

It'll be cramming for me (Y)(Y) lol .

Shadowulf

HSC
you have a worst academic year,..? mines are all equal worst from year 8 till now... just feel likg breaking the trend now heh

lol my dad pretends to be pushy with studies... but all he does is annoy the hell out of me oO"
lol i regret being such a bludger oO" i NEVER did any work in years 7-11

lol as long as you pass eh.... i didnt pass my exams in year 11 >.> and i got 15/40 for my physics last term.... orz so pathetic lol

this year im only seeing good marks in japanese and 2unit maths wohoo, everything else needs a lot of working on hehe

emuthegreat

HSC
LOL . Yea, I realised I had to stop bludging, so I started paying more attention once year12 hit . Now I lost motivation again lol but 3/5 subjects I'm top 10, so I can't complain .

Are you japanese ? one of my bestfriends jap I guess that's why she's effortlessly pawning it . lol . 2U maths ? OMFG I HATE MATHS ! my worsttttttt subject, I failed half yearlies :( I bring shame upon asians .

Shadowulf

HSC
haha damn... i was studying for my 2unit exam tomorrow.. and um.. oh yeah i told you about my annoying dad..
he asked me if i wanted a mandarin and now ive lost the studying mood LOL so stupid hehe

nah im not jap lol, i just incorporate a lot of jap into my daily life lol. like i get home, email friends from japan.. my internet browsers default language is set to jap as well lol... i originally thought it wouldve been good practise, but i dont even read the news on msn japan

haha no worries, at least you do maths... theres an asian at my school who dropped maths altogether heh =P if you need help with 2 unit feel free to ask.. in exchange for english stuff lol
just jkin, ask anytime, itll be good practise for me too lol

*is it just me or is this thread a bit off topic? :D*

emuthegreat

HSC
lol my 2U is in week 8, arg ! I'm aiming for 80% .. gonna be hard . The last time I got 90+ in maths was Year8.. I used to love maths .. lol

Oh wow, that's hectic . I used to learn jap year7-10, and I know like a few words only . But I was ranked like top10 due to cheating in every test (Y) lol .
Oh, if you love jap you should watch Hana Yori Dango, best jap series I've seen lol .

I would have dropped it, but I was too scared . I regret not choosing general though, would have made my life easier lol . Cool, you maths genius lol . No worries, due to our help we'll ace the hsc .

LOL I reckon, It's like .. Who's King Lear ?

Shadowulf

HSC
lol i had my 2unit and jap extension exams today...

lol what topics are in gonna be in your test??

lol yeah ive watched hana yori dango.. except the one i borrowed from my friend only had chinese subtitles... and i cant read chinese lol so i had to.. umm pretend i understood =P do you watch jap series?? if you like love/comedy ones, theres some really funny ones haha, Nodame Cantabile and Brother Beat are pretty funny lol, id watch them again if i had the time lol

lol wth, what makes you think im a maths genius, i failed 3 unit maths.. 45% TT_TT if youre looking for a maths genius im sure theres hundreds that are smarter than me on the forum =P

lol stupid king lear ><

HSC
Lol @ you two. :p
emuthegreat said:
It's like .. Who's King Lear ?
No idea. :D

Haha, this thread is/was a good idea... (before it went off topic :p) I'll be back with some quotes after I have dinner.

emuthegreat

HSC
Nah I don't normally watch asian series, only did during xmas holidays because that's all we did at my friends house. Nabuta Produce ? was good too, lol I learnt more jap words watching series than from my bitch of a teacher .

There's a site where you can watch Hana Yori Dango with english subtitles . SO WORTH IT . oh speaking of good jap series, ONE LITRE OF TEARS ! lol bawled my eyes out .

Sequences, Algebra and basic arithmetic, Log, Defrentiation, Integration .. i think . *shudders*

chocolate_lover said:
Lol @ you two. :pNo idea. :D

Haha, this thread is/was a good idea... (before it went off topic :p) I'll be back with some quotes after I have dinner.
haha DO COME BACK AND HELP US WITH KING LEAR . :) My assessment is going to be "staging a production" I think, 99.99% sure . I'M CLUELESS lol .

Shadowulf

HSC
ahahahaha choco came to the thread thinking thered be useful info coz quite some posts... but finds a conversation ahaha :) bl hehe

haha yeah nobuta wo produce, ive watched that as well. and yeah ive watched 1 litre of tears ahah.. you name it ill watch it lol.. another series that youll cry through liek the whole thing: "Sekai no chuushin de ai wo sakebu" (Crying out love in the middle of the earth) same idea though, sick girl (leukemia) and some guy falls in love with her before thes diagnosed blah blah (sorry for spoiler if youre every gonna watch hehe)

lol hmm i just had sequences and logs/exponentials test today.. i think i went alright compared to usual heh

hehe i hope someone comes and posts something productive about king lear wee

emuthegreat

HSC
I reckon. lol, I'm just going to download peoples King Lear essays hahaha !

Okais I surrender, you've watched everything . LOL I'll ask my friend if she's seen it, or better yet, have it :D Shame I don't have time to watch it, too busy pretending I'm being productive .

Congrats .

Yes, I hope they do too ! So I can totally kick butt in the up coming assessment . WOOHOO !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)