Left 4 Dead 2: Banned in Australia. (1 Viewer)

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You cant play it online, unless you wanna join a korean server.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
The real problem is that Michael Atkinson, the Attorney-General, is entirely against adding an R18+ rating.

You see, there should really be an R18+ rating as not only would this address the issue of 'little kids being exposed to too much violence' but would also mean that mature and decent gamers such as the majority of people can have fun playing a game they want to play.

Criticising LFD2 on being too violent is ridiculous. How else are you going to blow up zombies? Do you expect unicorns and rainbows and happy Carebears?

Well, Michael Atkinson you hypocrite who allegedly supports the general Australian public, listen up. A recent survey whose results were published in HYPER magazine, indicated that the vast majority of gamers and non-gamers alike want an R18+ rating introduced for videogames, so instead of banning them, such games are simply given an R18+ rating so they can be played by the audince they are meant to be played by. You're the only person standing in the way. Want to support the Australian public. Then introduce an R18+ rating instead of letting excellent games getting banned.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Uhh, New Zealand servers are much closer and work well.
Majority of the players will be playing through Steam, which has the power to block games, for certain countries.

EDIT:Which effectively makes my previous post null and void.

occer

HSC
N/A
But they're valve and they won't.

Gabe Newell is in Sydney currently.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
But they're valve and they won't.

Gabe Newell is in Sydney currently.
They have a legal obligation to do so.

Also hes probably down here to kick the fuckwits ass.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
The decision to submit an edited version was made to ensure Left 4 Dead 2 met its planned November release date. Given that the Review Board will not report back on the appeal until October 22, it means there may not be enough time to get the unedited version on sale for the global launch.

Newell confirmed that if the edited version is released, then the Australian version would receive an update if the appeal proves successful. This would be free on PC, but he said he did not yet know how it might work on Xbox 360.
Valve Appealing, Editing Left 4 Dead 2 for Aussie Classification | Kotaku Australia

Classification Database - LEFT 4 DEAD 2 (MA 15+)

At worst case we will get the edited version on the global release date Tuesday 17 November 2009. At best we get the uncut version or the edited version with a patch later.

Can't wait! :D

youngminii

Banned
HSC
I predict that some awesome hacker of some sort will create a sneaky patch that will trick Valve into thinking we're using the edited copy while we actually use the uncut copy.
Think about it, it's more probable of happening than not.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The decision to submit an edited version was made to ensure Left 4 Dead 2 met its planned November release date. Given that the Review Board will not report back on the appeal until October 22, it means there may not be enough time to get the unedited version on sale for the global launch.

Newell confirmed that if the edited version is released, then the Australian version would receive an update if the appeal proves successful. This would be free on PC, but he said he did not yet know how it might work on Xbox 360.

However, Newell stressed that this edited version is just a back-up plan in case the appeal fails or takes longer than expected. “Our goal is not to ship this second version,” he claimed, while declining to detail what elements had been edited.

Hopefully we’ll find out in two weeks time whether we’ll see the edited or the unedited version in Australia.
Lets hope so, or Mr A will be receiving more then his pay packets in his mail box.

HalcyonSky

HSC
seriously which cockhead is responsible for the banning of R18+ games here

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
The same cockhead who denies a R18+ rating for gaming media.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
http://au.gamespot.com/news/6232135.html?tag=nl.e544

they've taken out decapitations and dismemberment, lol!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
only read the op so don't know about the news since then.

i hate video games but this is just ridiculous. people should be able to play what they want to play. i'm sure people have seen worse in movies. and i hadn't thought about how the internet filter affects it all. that sucks.

go fuck yourself rudd government.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
^^ its not the rudd government, its always been the case.

imo this sort of thing just encourages piracy,

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
yeah i guess.

i meant more the impact that internet filtering will have on it. someone wrote something about it in the opening posts, and then i got angry because of the internet filtering in general. haha.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah i guess.

i meant more the impact that internet filtering will have on it. someone wrote something about it in the opening posts, and then i got angry because of the internet filtering in general. haha.
fire up, woman!

also:
hahahhaha, that is so shit!

having a maximum game rating of MA15+ implies that aussie gamers are up to 15yrs old, yet the average age of gamers in australia is 30 (i think).

aussie govt should srsly have an R18+ rating, this is just encouraging us to buy from overseas or to illegally download games that are banned.

HSC
Just thought about it, but since this game seem to be going to such an extent, future pc gaming are now heading to this direction also YEAH!!! (in a way) but hope they don't ban everything :(

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
http://au.gamespot.com/news/6232135.html?tag=nl.e544

they've taken out decapitations and dismemberment, lol!
A mod was released for CSS called Gore Mode, essentially it was Gears of War meets Counter Strike Source.

100% sure one would be released.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
having a maximum game rating of MA15+ implies that aussie gamers are up to 15yrs old, yet the average age of gamers in australia is 30 (i think).

aussie govt should srsly have an R18+ rating
Completely agree. It's only the one, stubborn South Australian Attorney General that is refusing to budge on the issue isnt it? This stance can only reflect the opinions of the COAG (a group of, what, 8 people?) and is extremely outdated, because nowadays much more adults play games in general. There are definitely much more inappropriate movies and other media released in Australia, and their arguments against the R18 rating are poor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)