left in cold for CF q2 (1 Viewer)

ok, well what we've been doing in half yearlies/trials for our q2 in crime fiction has been basically creative writing "use this sentence as ur opening to a cf story" or "write a cf story" (that was reaaaaaaally broad).

i'm gonna go check the previous hsc questions now, but along with that, could ppl give me an idea of other questions (trials/practices) that they've been given, u know, the format of it and stuff. after the year we've had, that validity of genre one would seriously have me stumped.

rhinoivory

ah, this may not be of help, but sometimes it isnt a creative task, sometimes its 2 essays... reffering to different facets of your studies...

quality vs quantity... i have a TYPED 4 page essay that adresses everything. however, only 2 pages will be used to a specific question. You will find that, if there are two questions, be selective with what you know!

The creative writing is just that. Try to use parody(aka stoppard style), or be creative... If you conform to a particular style, try to execute it well....

Not terribly hard. I stronyl suggest you revise over your texts, get to know the plot, etc a little better..... I'm sure you know everything, just try to clean up on "what happens"

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
So the 2 sections can just be 2 different essay questions, with all your texts having to be included?
Originally posted by rhinoivory
You will find that, if there are two questions, be selective with what you know!
Are you saying that if the "creative" section is merely another essay question or the like, we need to include totally different content in the 2nd essay? Wouldn't they look at the 2 responses independantly, with separate teachers marking them? They can't compare one response to the other can they, and check whether you have simply used points/ideas in both essays can they? that would be a bit odd.

rhinoivory

There is no set rule that the second question should be creative writing... The way the paper is set is at the mercy of the board.

I'm saying that, if you do get two essays, be selective with what they write as to both improve your time management, and write a more thorough question. No reason to write about unnescesary material, if it is of no relevance to the question.

English Extension exams, as opposed to English advanced exams explicitly highlight the facets of a question. You will find that you will have to respond to five key points...

By the way, the validation of genre is not hard, nor simple. it's what you've learnt from day 1. Its basically, what is it, what does it do, and why....(all in relation o the genre).

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the creative can ressemble an essay, like neing asked to write a speech or transcript where u just regurgitate the essay in a different format :p ... or it can just be a straight open write within th egenre thing... like last yr ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)