• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Left law - now what are my options? (1 Viewer)

woebegone

HSC
Hello,

It's probably a long shot, but I am wondering if any of you could help me out with my 'predicament'.

I was previously doing a combined degree in Arts and Law at the University of Melbourne. However, due to some personal issues I had to drop law.

Under the combined degree, I had already completed the required number of credit points for Arts. However, as I am now no longer doing law, it looks like I have to do an extra 100 points to graduate from Arts.

I have booked an appointment to see a course adviser to see if I can credit any of my law subjects towards my Arts degree. I am guessing it's unlikely they would approve - but eh, here's hoping.

In the event that they do not accept any of my law subjects, is there any other way I can make the subjects count for something? I have already decided that I do not want to study law @ melbourne because it's going to take me quite a long time -- but if there is some other similar course elsewhere which will accept these subjects and allow me to graduate in say a year with some sort of law-related degree/diploma, ...then that'd be good.

The important thing for me now is for the subjects I've studied to COUNT for something.... anything....

For now I have deferred any form of study for the rest of the year....

Any help would be appreciated.

- woebegone.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
to labour the obvious, those law subjects will count for any future law degree, should you wish to continue.

dissipate

HSC
N/A
sorry to hear about that woebegone :/ i'm guessing from your post that you are located in melbourne? monash offers a grad dip in law that's takes 6 months full-time to 2 years part-time. and "This course normally comprises eight coursework units, but credit may be given for up to four units for recognised prior learning." (see http://www.law.monash.edu.au/postgraduate/courses-non-law.html) so you'd have to finish your arts degree first then apply for this. there are probably other unis in melbourne that offer grad dips in law. i checked melb uni but it doesn't seem to offer it though. hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)