Legal- Anita Cobby Case !!! Assesment... Urgent (1 Viewer)

Maro0sh

HSC
AHH LEGAL ASSESMENT.... have an assesment duee in 2 days and will be much appreciated if ANYONE can help out..

need to know what changes have occured in legislation since this case, and an evaluation of d efficiiency and effectivness of legal system in achieving justice for victim, accused and community.

will be soooo thankfulll... any additional notes is also muchh appreciated thanxxxx....

Dark Phoenix

HSC
Maro0sh said:
AHH LEGAL ASSESMENT.... have an assesment duee in 2 days and will be much appreciated if ANYONE can help out..

need to know what changes have occured in legislation since this case, and an evaluation of d efficiiency and effectivness of legal system in achieving justice for victim, accused and community.

will be soooo thankfulll... any additional notes is also muchh appreciated thanxxxx....
hey i found some information for u that u could use. i initially didnt know much about the anita cobby case, but it seems quite an interesting case to study. well anyway this is what i found. here are some websites:

http://www.thecrimeweb.com/murder_of_anita_cobby.htm

This one shows an overview of the anita cobby case, and i was able to read it all and i admit i couldnt stop reading it.

in one sentence it says

An angry crowd had gathered by the time the prisoners arrived. The mob yelled to hang them, again the call went up for the reintroduction of the death penalty

so here u could say that the law is not effective in terms of the community as ppl had demanded the reintroduction of capital punishment. and u could also mention that due to the ineffectiveness of the law it has benefited the accused/prisoners in a way.

in another sentence it says

Anita’s parents have not let their daughter die in vain. They have gone on to found the Victim's of Homicide Support Group (though they have now retired) and were instrumental in the tougher sentencing and truth in sentencing laws which came about after her murder.

u could mention here that the law is 'dynamic' saying that the law is flexible in adapting to certain cases. but the negative here about the law is that it only changes after a crime a committed not before it. so thats another point to make. and u could also say what is mentioned above that the Victim's of Homicide Support Group had contributed significantly to the tougher sentencing and truth sentencing laws. here u should mention the specific ACT. i think it is the The NSW Sentencing Act 1989. just check that up for me. not sure myself.

and here is another 2 websites

http://parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PARLMENT/hansArt.nsf/V3Key/LC19970627060

http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PARLMENT/hansArt.nsf/V3Key/LA20000406004

these are not specific acts of parliament but they are actually bills, u know the ones that go through parliament in order to make it an act of the state. when u go to these websites go to edit and click on 'find' and type in anita cobby. here u could mention that the legislative council or legislative assembly had considered the case of annita cobby in making their final decision of the bill, whether it would be passed as an act or not. so u could mention that the law is effective in achieving justice for the victims (in this case the family and friends of anita cobby). of course not direct victims

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)