legal humour (2 Viewers)

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
I really wish you'd change your av, I always imagine you as a girl.
as i say: not the first and never the last.

*mr mattycoss has a crush on e-me* :rolleyes:

NEWSFLASH: FRIGEY DID HIS FIRST BILLING ENTRY IN PCLAW TODAY (0.3 units)!!!! :D WHOS DA SEKZ NOW, MS CLERK OF JACK SHAND CHAMBERS AND MR CLERK OF 9TH SELBOURNE!?!! :p

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Sauce on their faces

A lawyer from Baker & McKenzie ’ s London office has achieved notoriety – for all the wrong reasons – after an email exchange between himself and a secretary at the firm was forwarded throughout the UK legal community. Richard Phillips emailed Jenny Amner, informing her that he wanted her to pick up his $9.40 (£4) dry cleaning bill because she had spilt tomato sauce on his trousers.

A week later, she emailed back with the message: “I must apologise for not getting back to you straight away but due to my mother’s sudden illness, death and funeral I have had more pressing issues than your £4 ($9.40). I apologise again for accidentally getting a few splashes of ketchup on your trousers. Obviously your financial needs as a senior associate is greater than mine as a mere secretary.”

She informed him that she had told partners, lawyers and trainees about the email and they had offered to pass the hat around for the money. She declined their offer, but informed him that should he feel “the urgent need for £4 it will be on my desk this afternoon”.

BBC reported that the email exchange had been forwarded throughout the legal community. In a statement, Baker & McKenzie confirmed it was aware of the exchange and said the matter “had clearly got out of hand”.
with respect to the secretary, i feel the tone of her reply suggests that she was taking out her bereaving anguish on him. clearly, this makes us look even more like money-grubbing dickheads, and not good advertising for bakers.
Offensive language

A drunk student was arrested and spent the night in the cells after calling a police horse “gay”. Sam Brown of Balliol College, Oxford, saw two mounted policemen when he was leaving a nightclub. He allegedly shouted to one of the policemen “mate, your horse is gay, I hope you don’t have a problem with that”. The policeman warned Brown about his language but he followed the police down the street and continued to taunt them. Eventually he wore through their patience and after a chase around the streets of Oxford, during which a couple of squad cars were called for backup, Brown was arrested.

He maintains that calling the horse gay was not offensive and said the police overreacted when they deployed six officers, two “gigantic” horses and a couple of patrol cars to arrest him. However, the police are unamused and have issued a $187 fine for causing harassment, alarm and distress.
i don't think "gay" is an offensive word, even though it is not defined in SOA. :p

Last edited:

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Well, if the horse was gay, then him drawing attention to the fact and using it to ridicule the beast in question is bordering on hate crime.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
Well, if the horse was gay, then him drawing attention to the fact and using it to ridicule the beast in question is bordering on hate crime.
i somehow don't think you can vilify animals. it would be quite a vexatious prosecution.

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Well, like any good lawyer, if I was presenting this case in court and things didn't go my way, I'd throw a dagger at the bench, scream, and run out mid-trial.

I am going to go far in this field, I can feel it.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
hfis said:
Well, like any good lawyer, if I was presenting this case in court and things didn't go my way, I'd throw a dagger at the bench, scream, and run out mid-trial.
why bother? chucking any decent-sized law report/loose-leaf services binder will do more damage (eg MacGregor on Damages).

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
why bother? chucking any decent-sized law report/loose-leaf services binder will do more damage (eg MacGregor on Damages).
Um, the trolley for books anyone? You could push that into someone and probably crush them, provided it was full of reports.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
hfis said:
Reading that after watching Ali G denouncing a politician for "blowin' a horse" brings up tears.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
bahaha calling the horse gay is offensive language?

I think if the horse could talk it would just be laughing, I mean how would the "offender" know?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Master Yoda said:
wot are you talking about
oops, it was another matty i fink. or one of your other alter-egos. i fink. the member's name had matty in it. :p

edit: actually dude it was you. PM was sent around 19th of Feb. :p

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

Frigid said:
that wasn't what you said when i had my gender set to chick, matty ;)
Hahhahaha. pwned and Repped. Edit: If I could :(

(I'll do the stupid report today, I swear:p)

santaslayer

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Hahhahaha. pwned and Repped. Edit: If I could :(

(I'll do the stupid report today, I swear:p)
Don't worry, you still have a few hours left of today. :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
that wasn't what you said when i had my gender set to chick, matty ;)
I always thought you were a chick as well Frigid.
From memory..I think that I once was asked you to marry me. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)