• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Legal Issues and Remedies (1 Viewer)

JackieLloyd

If u are asked to outline the legal issues relating to, say, family and evaluate the effectiveness of the justice system, does that mean outline EVERYTHING e.g birth technology, adoption, child abuse, dissolution etc, or only a few major issues???

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
im only guessing here but i assume you give a brief description of most things...it really depends on how many marks it's worth (in a test).

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
it should be wise to critically analyze the effectiveness of a couple of the issues because theres no point in just mentioning it without going into it.
i would mention the majority but focus on a few.

ar5ena1

HSC
JackieLloyd said:
If u are asked to outline the legal issues relating to, say, family and evaluate the effectiveness of the justice system, does that mean outline EVERYTHING e.g birth technology, adoption, child abuse, dissolution etc, or only a few major issues???
Thats just about the broadest question possible.

Jonathan A

HSC
Pretty much any issue you can think of in that topic will be relevant in the essay questions.

santaslayer

HSC
The major issues are good because you study a lot less. That is, you study two or three broad issues in depth and forget about the rest. That's how I did my HSC anyways. :p

match

HSC
N/A
just outline a number of the issues and focus on say two or three of the major ones. just rememeber to include cases, legislation etc.... and then say if they help resolve the issue

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm amused 'cause the question didn't ask for that. ahahaha.

jhogi

hiding from study notes - strung out like a bunny
HSC
dunno if this will help but....

Most of these messages were posted a while ago, so I don't know if this will help but I hope it does.
I called the hsc help line, and I asked one of the legal studies teachers how many legal issues and remedies we need to talk about in the essay (because there are soooo many), and he said to make mention of as many issues/remedies as possible, and then go into depth in the ones that suit your essay, or that you have the most info on. There are way too many sub-headings to talk in depth about all of it.

HSC
Yeah, according to the markers from past HSCs, the best answers talked about a minimum of 3 or 4 issues in detail and supported them with relevant legislation, statistics etc. So I'd say choose 3 or 4 and talk about everything you have on those 4 then mention the others

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)