Legal question help~~ (1 Viewer)

catilabb

HSC
N/A
PLZ HELP~~
have a practice question that is due on WED but have seriously no CLUE on what to do... how to answer and that...

QUESTION: Evaluate the effectiveness of legal & non-legal measures in addressing a contemporary world order issue

i think maybe do N. Korea?
havent decided yet.
can someone plz give me some suggestions and err.. help plz?

imnotwallace

HSC
"contemporary world order issue"

You need to identify a specific issue in the world. I mean, 'North Korea' sounds a bit vague. What part of North Korea in terms of World Order are you addressing? You need to pick an issue that allows you to make your own judgement (that's essential to scoring high in Legal Studies). What about Nuclear Proliferation? In that case, you can also talk about Iran's nuclear deals, the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the IAEA and how North Korea ties into it as well - that broadens your approach and allows you to make an overall comment on the issue of nuclear weapons.

When looking at an issue, don't use a country as an issue (e.g. North Korea, Rwanda, etc.) but rather use the world order idea (e.g. effectiveness of peacekeeping, nuclear proliferation, the power of the UN) as the issue and use countries as examples that demonstrate the idea.

Things that could be mentioned in a World Order essay:

• Sovereignty issues - how this affects world order
  • The UN and its ability to achieve justice in the world
  • The role/effect of treaties and declarations
  • The influence of NGOs
  • The influence of Media
  • The effectiveness of diplomacy

Last edited:

catilabb

HSC
N/A
"contemporary world order issue"

You need to identify a specific issue in the world. I mean, 'North Korea' sounds a bit vague. What part of North Korea in terms of World Order are you addressing? You need to pick an issue that allows you to make your own judgement (that's essential to scoring high in Legal Studies). What about Nuclear Proliferation? In that case, you can also talk about Iran's nuclear deals, the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the IAEA and how North Korea ties into it as well - that broadens your approach and allows you to make an overall comment on the issue of nuclear weapons.

When looking at an issue, don't use a country as an issue (e.g. North Korea, Rwanda, etc.) but rather use the world order idea (e.g. effectiveness of peacekeeping, nuclear proliferation, the power of the UN) as the issue and use countries as examples that demonstrate the idea.

Things that could be mentioned in a World Order essay:

• Sovereignty issues - how this affects world order
  • The UN and its ability to achieve justice in the world
  • The role/effect of treaties and declarations
  • The influence of NGOs
  • The influence of Media
  • The effectiveness of diplomacy
THANKS~ UR A STAR
was thinking of the nuclear weapon part` =)

daphneeeee

HSC
Can anyone in here help me with a similar question!!

"Evaluate....... legal instruments & non-legal measures in achieving world order"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)