Legal Studies Essays... Family and Consumers (1 Viewer)

Lozzy boop

Well I think i have crime under my belt, but I'm a little unsure about the essays we have to do at the end on our 2 optional studies... I did Family and Consumers... I'm really not sure where to start... Do we have much direction with these essays? I know that the questions don't usually change much, but... help please... I'm stressing my little head off trying to work out where I should be focusing... there is so much in this syllabus... Not to mention that I have art tomorrow too *Sigh*... Help would be much appreciated... anyone?
Big love xo
little lozzy xo

mcjaffa

hey i know how you feel! i'm in exactly the same sitch with art and it SUCKS. also re: course content-- there really is far too much in it!! so my teacher always says just bring what you know to the question-- i mean they can be quite specific but you should be able to tailor it to suit what you know most about...

Lozzy boop

Yeh, true, thanks for the advice... It's just hard because I really want to do well and get into uni but god, I'm 2 exams to go and ready to give up, my head hurts and looking at notes just leaves me more overwhelmed than i felt before looking at them and feeling as though i knew very little... *sigh* hopefully art won't be too hard, It shouldn't be, but that just makes me feel as though I should be focusing on it more so than legal because i have more of a chance *shrugs* cannot wait till this is over... On a lighter note... WE CAN DO IT!
What's the worst that can happen... Life goes on... *deep breath*

mcjaffa

hahahahaha you sound like the voice inside my head.

yeah i ain't too sure about art either; i mean assuming it's gonna be easy is DEFINITELY not a good idea, but it's DEFINITELY what i've been doing...! it's just cos in comparison with legal it looks so easy. hahaha. but then again, what doesn't!?

write a few art notes and check 'em out between the exams :p

vanillalatte

HSC
hey for the family and consumer essays, remember there'll always ask 1 that is really generic and another 1 which is more specific. i find it easier to prepare for the generic 1, coz it basically allows u to talk about anything. For consumer i talked about how legislations have evolved overtime to correspond with consumer's need, eg from Factories and Shops Act 1912 to Sales of Goods Act 1932 and the TPA 1974. Shove in a few cases to support ur argument as well. Then mention something about self regulation, credit and redress mechanism. Dont forget the impact of technology, eg e-commerce's impact on consumers.
For family law, i just wrote a few paragraphs on each of same sex marriage, de facto relationships, children's rights (UNCROC etc) and shared parenting, with some cases and opinions for each once again.
Dont stress, if you dont have time then try and memorize a few key legislations and cases, then elaborate from that.
Best of luck for tomo!! Its going to be over soon!!

Lozzy boop

Hey

HEy, thanks a ton for the comments, they mean a lot... Thank you xoxox
-Lozzy-

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
make sure you remember your cases and acts and media articles!!!

is anything, make sure you know THEM!... the rest you can fill in... because, its really alot of common sense when you think about it.

makes sure you get your facts right... then fill and sweeten up the rest.

vanillalatte

HSC
yep exactly. know ur main points and then everything will come back to u in the exam coz everything will prob link with each other. remember - u know more than u think =)

vanillalatte

HSC
yes ur right. sale of goods act was 1923. sorry my bad!!
donoghue v stevenson was 1932.
omg im getting confused!! ahhhhhhhh

Rayanaldo

HSC
N/A
As others said, make sure you know your acts, cases and media.

Also, add sentences for each issue on accessibility (time, cost, knowledge), equality, enforceability and resource efficiency.

vanillalatte

HSC
i know making a list of legislations and cases is a good idea. but im too lazy to do that. so what i did was shove in relevant cases and legislations in essay, so hopefully they'll ring a bell and help me elaborate. but i guess if we get a few dates wrong its ok. they seriously cant expect us to get everything PERFECT!

flyhigh

kelboo said:
:confused: << Me too. Soooooo confused right now
I need a loong list of legislations cases and examples for consumer law.... do you happen to have any ?? :uhhuh:
Look in the back of heinemann text it has lists of relevant consumer legislation and cases =) its part C btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)