Legal Studies (Final Mark 97~ STATE RANK, HSC Mark 98) and Mathematics 2U (97) (1 Viewer)

2013tutoring

HSC
Tutoring for HSC and PRELIM Courses.

Hi everyone,

My name is Buwaneka and I graduated from Baulkham Hills High School this year with an ATAR of 99.65. I have been offered a substantial scholarship by the University of Sydney and am currently planning to undertake study in a double degree in Commerce and Law, most likely at UNSW.

As the title demonstrates, I have achieved some excellent HSC results, particularly in Legal Studies (in which I achieved a state rank) and Mathematics. I feel I am familiar with not only the content but also the exam/essay technique required to succeed in these subjects.

Legal Studies

In my opinion the key to doing well in this subject lies in having more than just a deep understanding of the basic syllabus content but also knowing how to apply practical examples (cases, media, etc.) and craft essay and short answer responses that effectively demonstrate your knowledge.

I have accumulated a vast pool of resources (past papers, worksheets, textbooks, etc.) which I will of course pass on to my students.

In terms of the optional topics, I personally studied Family and Global Environmental Protection, however I am currently in the process of studying Consumers and Workplace, such that I will be able to teach them confidently and completely. I can also learn any of the other optional topics if any students are studying them at school.

Mathematics

While practicing with various textbooks and getting to grips with the basic concepts of each topic are the foundations of doing well in mathematics, getting a really high mark is reliant upon being familiar with a wide range of possible questions, which can require you to apply this knowledge in complex ways.

As in Legal Studies, I have accumulated a large amount of study resources for this subject, including hundreds of past papers and numerous textbooks, which will be made available to my students.

For both these subjects, I intend to provide 1.5 hour long lessons (however this length can be changed as per student preference), with the same basic structure:
• Half hour test of previous week’s content (questions taken from various sources including past HSC papers)
• One hour covering new material
• Distribution of notes, relevant homework, etc.

In terms of location, I would prefer to conduct lessons at libraries in the Hills or Parramatta area.

Contact me at 2013tutoring@gmail.com for further information or enquiries.

Thanks and good luck,

Buwaneka

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)