Legal Studies help! (1 Viewer)

Pieces of Me

HSC
Can anyone help me, I need some information on the effectiveness of the legal system in dealing with domestic violence against women.

:) Any help would be greatly appreciated and any class notes would be excellent. :)

Mc_Meaney

Banned
HSC
2001 - Split of AVOs into the catagories of ADVO (domestic violence) - which is classed as a code red for police (must respond), take it out on someone you live with and APVO (personal violence) take it out on anyone....

Acceptance of Battered Wife Syndrome (BWS) as a partial defence...eg A wife murders her husband after years of physical, sexual and emotional abuse can claim (there must be sufficient effidence eg proof of visits to doctors) BSW as a partial defence to reduce the charge from murder to manslaughter...

Um...yeh :)

Pieces of Me

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
When do you need this information by, because I should be able to get you some information on this by Thursday, because I'm doing a similar question for my legal assignment :)
Its a homework question due on Wednesday, so if you get anything earlier it would be great

Pieces of Me

HSC
Yeah sounds like it, I have try to write a 1000 word essay on it. My assignment was on the changing views and roles of women.

sukkie

HSC
im trying to do my legal essay which is supposed to be 1500 words due tomorrow. i cannot seem to find any legal responses on domestic law

yeh. i need help im really stressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

vorahk

HSC
Mc_Meaney said:
2001 - Split of AVOs into the catagories of ADVO (domestic violence) - which is classed as a code red for police (must respond), take it out on someone you live with and APVO (personal violence) take it out on anyone....

Acceptance of Battered Wife Syndrome (BWS) as a partial defence...eg A wife murders her husband after years of physical, sexual and emotional abuse can claim (there must be sufficient effidence eg proof of visits to doctors) BSW as a partial defence to reduce the charge from murder to manslaughter...

Um...yeh :)
this guys is kind enough to provide you folks some information, some info i also had in mind. (mainly on apvos n avos.

it appears to me that none of you have taken that on board.

sukkie, you really did not have to tell us that you are stressed 3 times and dont worry, you re not alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)