Legal Studies Multiple Choice Q11 - Isn't it Justice? (1 Viewer)

jeff.wong

HSC
I put A Certainty, because Rule of Law means the law will always apply regardless of status, wealth ... and other factors so it is certain.

Last edited:

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I would say the correct answer is certainty.

Adherence to the rule of law helps foster fairness and justice, but I think the best answer is certainty.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC
i think it's fairness, bcos rule of law relates to the EQUAL application of the law to all DESPITE inequalities such as institutional inequality etc. if the question said somethign about redressing inequalities, then it'd be justice. i just think its more fairness than justice on this one, even though you could make an argument for them all

ahh what to do, let's just see what happens :L

munchiecrunchie

HSC
The best answer to this question was certainty.

whilst the rule of law results in equal application, its outcomes are not always equal ie some are treated harsher than others.

The rule of law doesn't always create fair outcomes (as above)

Logically justice cannot be achieved if the above two are not achieved.

By process of elimination, certainty is the best answer, but it is also the most logical answer. The application of the rule of law means that law will be applied consistently to everyone, regardless of status. This creates certainty over the law itself.

In short, its definitely certainty.

DJWazly

HSC
It has to be fairness, cause some are saying it isnt fair because not always gettin fair outcomes is true but its not the rule of law that is just the effectiveness of the law. The rule of law is that NOBODY is above the law and being that the outcome is fairness for everybody :argue:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)