Legal Studies vs Physics Subject selection and scaling (1 Viewer)

thewiseman

HSC
Hey guys, I'm just looking for fast advice on confirming my subjects for preliminary and HSC years. I am currently doing physics and doing okay in it(after practice and studying). I can move to legal studies. I can achieve a better mark in legal studies as i understand the content much faster. Should I just move to legal instead and do my best in that or stick to physics? Will scaling have a major effect on the subjects e.g legal scaling vs physics scaling? I am just worried about the scaling of both subjects.. Thanks

MilkyCat_

HSC
How do you know that you would go better in legal?

thewiseman

HSC
Sat in a legal class, looked at the content and syllabus and looked at a couple of past papers and i understood most of the content, questions and explainations btw

FancyPenguin

HSC
Swap if you want, I swapped from physics to chem, physics definitely wasn't what I thought it would be and when I was looking at subjects to swap to i did consider legal because it seems very interesting. As for scaling you really shouldn't care that much as the the main goal is how well you can achieve in each subject, your aiming for you best mark not to get a band 5 and hope it gets scaled up

piglet

HSC
Since you're already feeling more confident with Legal Studies then switch, of course physics will scale better, although you're better of doing a subject you enjoy and are naturally better at (meaning less work during HSC). Don't worry too much about scaling, you can get any ATAR with ANY subject combination. GOODLUCK :D

Drsoccerball

HSC
If a subject is easy for you it's probably easy for the whole state so therefore if you do legal (not saying it's easy) it will be harder to get a band 6 then physics as legal is memorising and physics is application. However if you're absolutely confident that you cant do well in physics drop it ASAP because if you have that mentality you're going to fail.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)