• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

legal studies (1 Viewer)

determine

Premium Member
HSC
hi i wanna pick up legal studiessss nxt year for one of ma subjects. is that okey? likeee i wanna drop society n coltcha becuz itss likeee stooopid. nnn is leegool studeez a gud subjecttt tooooo pick upp insteaddd? like my atar aim is 85 or sooo.. thanxxx mwaaa xxxooo

Sadiah

HSC
I do Legal and Society both...but If you wanna drop society n culture then go for it, however, if its the whole concept of the PIP that's influencing you, then uhm just to let you know the PIP isn't a major problem - it's really cool once your over and done with it. =]

However, Legal Studies is defenitely an interesting subject - helpful all the way through.

But you have to study more for it than you do for society. :p

Overall I reckon you should look at it's content and compare it with society's content and then decide for yourself. :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm, don't you need to do Preliminary Legal Studies to pick it up for the HSC? I'm not sure if you need to... but I think you do.

Although, Legal is fun - it helps if you have a cool teacher and class. The content is interesting, I think you might like it. At least, it's more interesting than Society and Culture.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Umm, don't you need to do Preliminary Legal Studies to pick it up for the HSC? I'm not sure if you need to... but I think you do.

Although, Legal is fun - it helps if you have a cool teacher and class. The content is interesting, I think you might like it. At least, it's more interesting than Society and Culture.
alright thanks to both of youuusee. :) i will defnetly takeeee ur opinionss in2 acct wen decidin on wich 1 2 drop n weder i shuld pick up leegall. so yeahhh ty. :) mwaaaz xx

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
if you have a lenient school, they may let you pick up a 2 unit subject in the HSC. All they need to do is change the entry through the Board of Studies.
Some schools will also let you learn both Preliminary and HSC course in Year 12 - you'll just have more periods per week dedicated to that subject.

so yes, it some cases, it is possible - but it depends on your school. Ask your principal when you get back to school- and do it QUICK!

HSC
pretty sure you need to do the prelim course.
if not, pick up legal :) its very interesting, especially in year 12 and its pretty easy.

although id love to do SAC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)