Legal Studies.. (1 Viewer)

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
Ok so my teacher is away for 4weeks due to family duties or something so i can't go to her for help so im coming to you guys!

Legal studies is my favorite subject and my strongest subject i recieved 92.5% in my half yearly report for it ( 2 assesements and half yearly exam) Human Rights and Crime i have finished completly without a problem. I have just finished Family, i dont know if its because i need practice or something but most of these essay questions for family in past hsc pappers are not making sense to me what so ever! like i see the question and i clearly have no clue what part of the syllabus they want the answer coming from. Has the syllabus points for options changed aswell not just the two cores ? Because this is really annoying!!!

If not i have to wait for the teacher to prepare extended response questions and plan's for me.

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
yo legal is pretty much my best sub as well, got 94%,

anyway yeah the family essays are a bit tricky to deal with but heres what ive found that helps..

Have a generic introduction that you can use to kick off any family essay, this will also help with getting into the swing of things once your in the exam.

e.g. Families are the fundamental group unit within society and as such, must be protected, especially where children are concerned. This is achieved through the Family Law Act 1975. etc. then > Marriage is the most common form of family structures. Define Marriage, Hyde v Hyde, > Marriage act etc. requirements of marriage, consequences of marriage.

as for the rest of the essay, generally, for family law, one way to look at it is as a "life cycle" so for example, formation > During the relationship > Problems/causes of problems > end of marriage, (Break down), divorce, decree nisi/absolute. etc. > Resolution issues. and what not. (same for same sex relationships, e.g. Hope/Brown v NIB, > Property (relationships) Act. Within all of this you must have the Evaluation/ effectiveness element or whatever the question asks.

that way you should be able to cover a wide range of issues from the syllabus.

Eventually, learn the family syllabus backwards, and you'll be able to bat out anything they throw at you.... this happened to me for half yearlies, the question was on birth technologies and surrogacy.... at the very end of the damn syllabus.... most ppl crashed and burn. If you know your shit, things like that shouldnt affect you, and on the up side, screws everyone else over which could increase the gap between you and the rest of the cohort...

HSC
Uni Grad
The questions that can be formed are all on the Themes and Challenges section of the syllabus. Read those and make notes on each of those points relating to your topic; memorize them or know how to spit those stuff out in an essay :p

That's how I roll; knowing your syllabus very well and putting little effort into getting good marks and ranks for legal xD

Legal isn't my best subject though - coming 3/36 for it, which could be better

sakatahahaha

HSC
N/A
yo legal is pretty much my best sub as well, got 94%,

anyway yeah the family essays are a bit tricky to deal with but heres what ive found that helps..

Have a generic introduction that you can use to kick off any family essay, this will also help with getting into the swing of things once your in the exam.

e.g. Families are the fundamental group unit within society and as such, must be protected, especially where children are concerned. This is achieved through the Family Law Act 1975. etc. then > Marriage is the most common form of family structures. Define Marriage, Hyde v Hyde, > Marriage act etc. requirements of marriage, consequences of marriage.

as for the rest of the essay, generally, for family law, one way to look at it is as a "life cycle" so for example, formation > During the relationship > Problems/causes of problems > end of marriage, (Break down), divorce, decree nisi/absolute. etc. > Resolution issues. and what not. (same for same sex relationships, e.g. Hope/Brown v NIB, > Property (relationships) Act. Within all of this you must have the Evaluation/ effectiveness element or whatever the question asks.

that way you should be able to cover a wide range of issues from the syllabus.

Eventually, learn the family syllabus backwards, and you'll be able to bat out anything they throw at you.... this happened to me for half yearlies, the question was on birth technologies and surrogacy.... at the very end of the damn syllabus.... most ppl crashed and burn. If you know your shit, things like that shouldnt affect you, and on the up side, screws everyone else over which could increase the gap between you and the rest of the cohort...
Haha that is actually the best responce i've recieved simple and easy way. Lol anyway i have done 5 extended responses for Family since i posted that up and my biggest problem was that i thought the question was coming from one particular point of the syllabus under the heading Current issue bla bla. But i realised i can add other parts of the syllabus into it lol i dont know how i diddnt pick up on that from the beginning. For example i just done the changing nature of parental care and my plan was something like this

Concept Of Family Law...Legal Rights and Obligations of Parents and Children ( rights derived from int. law for CROC) ...Consequences of Seperation "the best interest of the child" .. then i started with the issue .. Changing nature of parental responsibility.... Legal Responses....Non Legal Responses... dont a paragraph straight after those evaluating the effectiveness of the legal system and non legal responses.... concluded

lol much easier now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)