Legal Studies! (1 Viewer)

mrh94

HSC
I heard some people go in with a prepared responses....how is that possible? The question could be from the principle focus, the learn to's and the themes and challenges...how do you prepare for that? Help is appreciated! thanks :D

++ Would it be better to prepare a response OR learn just learn the content and write up an essay on the spot during the exams?

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
Prepared responses are contentious, whilst some may argue that it is a safeguard against the unknown, it is ultimately dependant upon your personal ability. I personally advocate 'prepared essays' on the basis that it allows a degree of sophistication not found in 'on the spot' essays. Also, if you possess the ability to manipulate the response to the question, prepared essays are invaluable. I pre-prepared my essays and received 98% (multiple choice is not my forte). Also in deference to the themes and challenges use them as the foundation to your essay as questions are often derived from them. Ergo, should you be able to mould your prepared essay to the question, it is a most advantageous mechanism for attack.

mrh94

HSC
Prepared responses are contentious, whilst some may argue that it is a safeguard against the unknown, it is ultimately dependant upon your personal ability. I personally advocate 'prepared essays' on the basis that it allows a degree of sophistication not found in 'on the spot' essays. Also, if you possess the ability to manipulate the response to the question, prepared essays are invaluable. I pre-prepared my essays and received 98% (multiple choice is not my forte). Also in deference to the themes and challenges use them as the foundation to your essay as questions are often derived from them. Ergo, should you be able to mould your prepared essay to the question, it is a most advantageous mechanism for attack.
I'm pretty good with manipulating prepared responses. But I've never done a prepared for legal. Do I just write a generic essay that is based from the principle focus ? And like you said...the themes and challenges incorporated within? Thanks!

mistress-mine

Premium Member
HSC
That is entirely dependant upon whether it is your essay for your options or crime (which has a predilection towards being tricky). Both require different strategies.

mrh94

HSC
That is entirely dependant upon whether it is your essay for your options or crime (which has a predilection towards being tricky). Both require different strategies.
The Option topics ? :)

Bieber

HSC
Hey everyone - I'm new to this site and I was wondering how do we start our own new post or thread. Also, do you guys have any Legal Studies past papers that I could have? Because everyone knows that the LS syllabus (new one) only started in 2011, so there isn't many past papers we can do... Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)