Legal Study neccessary? (1 Viewer)

in-sane

HSC
this might sound stupid but, i was wondering if legal study is a prerequisite/asumed knowledge for law courses?

i was thinking of changing economics to legal studies but have been told not to as legal = boring. i was also told that the only needed subject was english advanced. is this true?

all replies are appreciated. :)

HSC
Uni Grad
this might sound stupid but, i was wondering if legal study is a prerequisite/asumed knowledge for law courses?

i was thinking of changing economics to legal studies but have been told not to as legal = boring. i was also told that the only needed subject was english advanced. is this true?

all replies are appreciated. :)
Not at all, in fact, the law course has no prerequisites, but legal studies is good preparation for the law course.

If you are doing a combined law course, you should check out the other prerequisites for the 1st course (not law, but science, engineering, arts, social sciences, etc).

All you'll just need is the ATAR required to enter the law course, good research and communicating and debating skills xD

silence--

HSC
for whatever reason legal studies is NOT a prerequisite or even assumed knowledge for law which i find somewhat weird

the reason they say you should study english adv is because cases and stuff can be very wordy so good english/communication skills are very useful.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
Basically the Law Course at any institution basically goes through the HSC Syllabus in some regards in 1 semester pretty much. So it's not that big of a deal

jonowang

HSC
from what i've heard from teachers, what you do in the first semester of a law course in uni, is what you do in legal studies during prelim and hsc. so i guess it really aint a prerequisite or recommended study then. but i guess it might help you in the first semester, if you do choose to do it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)