Legal studys essay crime HELP ! (1 Viewer)

KazzaG

HSC
HEYA EVERYONE, thanks for lookin i need some help with my crime essay

scenario: late at night susan walks to the car park she find jim a 20 yr old unemployed drug addict attempting to break into her car,susan tries to stop jim she is assulated and reciees numerous injuries susan is left unconscious and jim drives away in her car.susan dies later that night

a) identify the two types of crime committed in the scenario and identify two
other types of crime

b) explain the sources of criminal law

c) with reference to the scenario and your knowledge examine the factors affec5ing crimnal behavior

d) describe the nsw court structure in relation to crimnal offences idenifty the court which will have jursidiction over jims case explain why his case is heard in this court

any help or answers will be every much helpful thankyou xxo

Shnurs

HSC
why would someone want to do your assingment for you.
Have you even tried?
I do legal studies and that looks like a really easy task, stop being so lazy and do your self some good!

JUST DO IT.

KazzaG

HSC
hey mate, ive done every ? and already handed it in and b , i just wanted to mainly know peoples views on d mainly , so stop being so judgemental

youngminii

Banned
HSC
KazzaG said:
hey mate, ive done every ? and already handed it in and b , i just wanted to mainly know peoples views on d mainly , so stop being so judgemental
Shush

jeff.wong

HSC
KazzaG said:
HEYA EVERYONE, thanks for lookin i need some help with my crime essay

scenario: late at night susan walks to the car park she find jim a 20 yr old unemployed drug addict attempting to break into her car,susan tries to stop jim she is assulated and reciees numerous injuries susan is left unconscious and jim drives away in her car.susan dies later that night

a) identify the two types of crime committed in the scenario and identify two
other types of crime

b) explain the sources of criminal law

c) with reference to the scenario and your knowledge examine the factors affec5ing crimnal behavior

d) describe the nsw court structure in relation to crimnal offences idenifty the court which will have jursidiction over jims case explain why his case is heard in this court

any help or answers will be every much helpful thankyou xxo
A) [FONT=新細明體]Two types of crime committed in the scenario are:[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Offences against person [to be specific, Homicide and Assault][/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Economic Offence [to be specific Property Offence (Break and enter)[/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]Two other types of crime are:[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Offences against the state: Treason, sedition, riots and assassination.[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Victimless crime: e.g. illegal drug use [homosexuality (intercourse) was considered a victimless crime but it was decriminalized totally from Australia after the Toonen v. Australia case (can’t remember the year maybe 1994). [/FONT]

B) [FONT=新細明體]Sources of criminal law are mainly statute law and common law. [I guess the constitution is also responsible because it provides the Constitutional separation of power which defines law making abilities e.g. residual power, exclusive power and concurrent power.][/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Statute law: Laws made by parliament, in NSW, most criminal acts are found in Crimes Act 1990; which lists offences and prescribes maximum penalties. [There are other statutes as well e.g. Summary offences Act 1988 (NSW)][/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Common law: is of court made law based on the Doctrine of precedent. The courts also play a role in interpreting statutes.[/FONT]

C) [FONT=新細明體]Factors affecting criminal behaviours include:[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Social[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Economic[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Genetic[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Political[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]-Self-interest[/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]In the scenario Jim [I assume he is a man by his name] attributes to the genetic theory in that males are more likely to commit criminal acts due to the Y chromosome especially in males with a XYY arrangement. Jim being an unemployed is a social factor, he may be looked down by society which leads to his criminal behaviour. Being unemployed is also a economic factor, due to his low economic status he may find it necessary to rob others of their wealth.[/FONT]

D) [FONT=新細明體]The basic NSW court structure is:[/FONT]
[FONT=新細明體]Local Courts-->[/FONT][FONT=新細明體]District Courts-->[/FONT][FONT=新細明體]Supreme Court of NSW [other courts do exist e.g. children’s court] [/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]Local court: is presided by a magistrate and deals with summary offences [not so serious]. Its other purpose is to conduct committal hearings that involve cases where a person has been charged with an indictable offence. The magistrate must establish a prima facie [reasonable] case. If a prima facie case does not exist the magistrate can order the charges to be dropped.[/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]District court: are presided by judges and the court hear all indictable offences [apart from murder, attempted murder, treason, serious sexual assault and kidnapping]. Criminal cases are usually heard by a judge and jury. It also hear appeals from local courts.[/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]Supreme Court of NSW: it hears the most serious indictable offences as well as hearing appeals from lower courts.[/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]In the scenario, I believe Jim will have to go through the local courts first for a committal hearing to establish a prima facie case before moving on to the Supreme Court. This is due to the severity of his crime [homicide, assault and break and enter etc][/FONT]

[FONT=新細明體]Hope that helped. [/FONT]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)