legal v. chem i cant decide (1 Viewer)

oot123

HSC
N/A
so im in year 11 and i cant decide what subject i should choose / keep and its lowkey stressing me out.

the main issue between deciding the two is the scaling. i dont have a particular interest in either one of these subjects, but they are the only options that i have to choose from.

the thing about legal studies is that it aligns relatively well with the rest of my subjects and i believe that its easier for me to do well in the subject, and i feel more confident in the subject. i feel like i need to put in less effort to do well, but since im aiming for quite a higher atar, i dont believe my writing is at a level where i can achieve like mid-90's in the subject in order for it to achieve my atar goal.

on the other hand, chemistry only aligns with maths ext. and i find it difficult to grasp the concepts and feel that i would need to spend many many hours in order to achieve above average / high marks. i like chemistry bc its less subjective unlike my other subjects (so marking wise its safer) and the scaling is really good like high-80's will get the same for legal studies. oh an chemistry has tutoring so ig i would have more support? but i genuinely find it hard kdfjgksadg

would greatly appreciate any advice :) tysm

Last edited:

carrotsss

HSC
for what it’s worth I found y12 chem a lot more interesting and chill than y11 chem, keep in mind you don’t have to decide yet though, you have plenty of time I’d give both subjects your all for prelims and then based on how they go you can make up your mind

oot123

HSC
N/A
for what it’s worth I found y12 chem a lot more interesting and chill than y11 chem, keep in mind you don’t have to decide yet though, you have plenty of time I’d give both subjects your all for prelims and then based on how they go you can make up your mind
thanks for the reply!

the problem is that i kinda need to decide now bc i dropped legal studies for a few weeks in term 1, and i need to confirm all my subjects before next term :(

carrotsss

HSC
thanks for the reply!

the problem is that i kinda need to decide now bc i dropped legal studies for a few weeks in term 1, and i need to confirm all my subjects before next term :(
is it not possible to keep both until prelims or do they run on the same line?

libestraumno3

HSC
as someone who chose chem and not legal studies i kinda regret it 😭 im not really a stem girlie so thats one reason and ive always like reading so legal wouldve been a better pick (AS I WANT TO DO LAW IN UNI LMAO) but tbf chem isnt too bad?? it is a bit more chill in y12 but you just need to stay on top of things consistently. if i were you i would ask myself 'which would benefit me more beyond high school' and 'which one interests me more'. bc in the end, the more interested you are in the subject, the more effort you'll put in.

aqwerty13402

HSC
so im in year 11 and i cant decide what subject i should choose / keep and its lowkey stressing me out.

the main issue between deciding the two is the scaling. i dont have a particular interest in either one of these subjects, but they are the only options that i have to choose from.

the thing about legal studies is that it aligns relatively well with the rest of my subjects and i believe that its easier for me to do well in the subject, and i feel more confident in the subject. i feel like i need to put in less effort to do well, but since im aiming for quite a higher atar, i dont believe my writing is at a level where i can achieve like mid-90's in the subject in order for it to achieve my atar goal.

on the other hand, chemistry only aligns with maths ext. and i find it difficult to grasp the concepts and feel that i would need to spend many many hours in order to achieve above average / high marks. i like chemistry bc its less subjective unlike my other subjects (so marking wise its safer) and the scaling is really good like high-80's will get the same for legal studies. oh an chemistry has tutoring so ig i would have more support? but i genuinely find it hard kdfjgksadg

would greatly appreciate any advice :) tysm
dont consider scaling when ur making a decision!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

nzs

HSC
I heard year 12 legal studies is easier and more fun than yr11 legal so you should go for it, esp since it aligns w your subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)