legal (1 Viewer)

beetree1

HSC
with trials coming up, can people share their methods for studying for legal that they are doing or have done in the past because there seems to be a shit load of stuff to memorise with crime, hr and 2 options..

jenii14

HSC
N/A
I got 1st for my legal studies trials and these are some of the tips I used:
- Memorise the legal studies syllabus using flashcards (especially crime)
- Have three cases memorised for each part of the crime syllabus since you don't know what the essay section will be on about (I had about 15 memorised)
- For the two other topics you should just have some broad cases/media/legislation
- Do the NESA multiple choice questions and also find some strategies
- Remember to always reference rearhamp and themes/challenges in your essay
-Don't waste time on writing study notes and more on remembering what you have and testing your application
- Last but not least PRACTISE! I did like two essays each week coming up to the trials and I would give it to my legal teachers to mark for feedback

jenii14

HSC
N/A
I got 1st for my legal studies trials and these are some of the tips I used:
- Memorise the legal studies syllabus using flashcards (especially crime)
- Have three cases memorised for each part of the crime syllabus since you don't know what the essay section will be on about (I had about 15 memorised)
- For the two other topics you should just have some broad cases/media/legislation
- Do the NESA multiple choice questions and also find some strategies
- Remember to always reference rearhamp and themes/challenges in your essay
-Don't waste time on writing study notes and more on remembering what you have and testing your application
- Last but not least PRACTISE! I did like two essays each week coming up to the trials and I would give it to my legal teachers to mark for feedback
Also do heaps of HSC and past trial papers, questions are usually very similar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)