Legend of Korra Finale (1 Viewer)

Larche

HSC
I absolutely hated it. Not enough action, and I found it jarring how Kuvira was so easily convinced to stop her tyrannical rampage after she was willing to kill her fiance and the people that raised her without hesitation. I wanted her to suffer or break down like Azula and Ozai did. Also, not enough Avatar state, stupid Korra should've Avatar stated her ass and taken away her bending but noooooo, just a short conversation and she suddenly "realizes the error of her ways?" what BS.

Also left alot of loose ends untied, like what about Bolin and Opal?

I think the only positive of the finale was the final scene with Korra and Asami, completely unexpected.

Overall though, terribad. 1/10 would not recommend

Larche

HSC
Edit: Double post

Last edited:

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
I absolutely hated it. Not enough action, and I found it jarring how Kuvira was so easily convinced to stop her tyrannical rampage after she was willing to kill her fiance and the people that raised her without hesitation. I wanted her to suffer or break down like Azula and Ozai did. Also, not enough Avatar state, stupid Korra should've Avatar stated her ass and taken away her bending but noooooo, just a short conversation and she suddenly "realizes the error of her ways?" what BS.

Also left alot of loose ends untied, like what about Bolin and Opal?

I think the only positive of the finale was the final scene with Korra and Asami, completely unexpected.

Overall though, terribad. 1/10 would not recommend
Bryke decided that they didn't want the finale to be a bending contest per se like the season three finale. And to be honest I am happy they didn't just rip the ending of ATLA with Azula breaking down.

I do buy Kuvira stopping her tyrannical rampage after she was on the other end of the spirit weapon and was pretty much toast. In our most vulnerable moments we are susceptible to the greatest of changes. Korra's selfless actions also opened her eyes. Kuvira had pretty most lost anyway after her giant suit went down/she almost died, because as Su Yin said most of her army was conscripted and as such her death would lead to them disbanding. She probably knew that as well.

However, I had my own issues with the finale. Whilst I loved it on a holistic level and season four for Korra's emotional and physical journey, I disliked how she didn't die nor did Mako (thought he was go for sure - some with Korra) and Toph. I just wished they'd killed off somebody more major to up the emotional stakes a little. I don't see how people didn't she Korra and Asami coming from a mile away; it has been heavily alluded to in the subtext and even explicitly throughout both seasons three and four. However I would've liked it if Korra ended up with nobody to showcase her potential as an independent white woman who don't need no man or woman.

Bolin and Opal's relationship had already been repaired in the Operation Beifong episode (which was an epic episode) so I see why they didn't show them more. They obviously didn't have enough screen time to revisit all of our beloved protagonists and create dialogue between them. Bryke has said they purposefully left it ambiguous so that we as fans can create our own endings and extrapolate from what happened

Overall, 7-8/10 in terms of content and 10/10 for music and animation, bringing it to ~9/10 holistically. I really wished Korra had died; it would have upped the emotional stakes and concreted her journey and made her feel complete. I really would've appreciated her death from a writing standpoint too (as much as I love her and her character development throughout seasons three and four). When Joss Whedon killed Buffy off at the end of season five when they thought the show was going to end, it was the most ballsy and epic decision he ever made. It just made me love Buffy more. Wish that had happened in Korra but oh well I'm not the writing the show.

But season four as a whole has been 10/10 imo

I hope they make comics lol I am so sad it's over that I am currently re watching ATLA again and then Korra all over again. Am up to book two already on ATLA lol

Last edited:

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
Who's ur fav evil character? I really liked amon and zaheer

Larche

HSC
Bryke decided that they didn't want the finale to be a bending contest per se like the season three finale. And to be honest I am happy they didn't just rip the ending of ATLA with Azula breaking down.

I do buy Kuvira stopping her tyrannical rampage after she was on the other end of the spirit weapon and was pretty much toast. In our most vulnerable moments we are susceptible to the greatest of changes. Korra's selfless actions also opened her eyes. Kuvira had pretty most lost anyway after her giant suit went down/she almost died, because as Su Yin said most of her army was conscripted and as such her death would lead to them disbanding. She probably knew that as well.

However, I had my own issues with the finale. Whilst I loved it on a holistic level and season four for Korra's emotional and physical journey, I disliked how she didn't die nor did Mako (thought he was go for sure - some with Korra) and Toph. I just wished they'd killed off somebody more major to up the emotional stakes a little. I don't see how people didn't she Korra and Asami coming from a mile away; it has been heavily alluded to in the subtext and even explicitly throughout both seasons three and four. However I would've liked it if Korra ended up with nobody to showcase her potential as an independent white woman who don't need no man or woman.

Bolin and Opal's relationship had already been repaired in the Operation Beifong episode (which was an epic episode) so I see why they didn't show them more. They obviously didn't have enough screen time to revisit all of our beloved protagonists and create dialogue between them. Bryke has said they purposefully left it ambiguous so that we as fans can create our own endings and extrapolate from what happened

Overall, 7-8/10. I really wished Korra had died; it would have upped the emotional stakes and concreted her journey and made her feel complete. I really would've appreciated her death from a writing standpoint too (as much as I love her and her character development throughout seasons three and four). When Joss Whedon killed Buffy off at the end of season five when they thought the show was going to end, it was the most ballsy and epic decision he ever made. It just made me love Buffy more. Wish that had happened in Korra but oh well I'm not the writing the show.

But season four as a whole has been 10/10 imo

I hope they make comics lol I am so sad it's over that I am currently re watching ATLA again and then Korra all over again. Am up to book two already on ATLA lol
I can see where you're coming from with how you say the writer's didn't want Korra to end in a way too similar to ATLA. However, I still felt like the finale was lacking in 'epicness', perhaps a major character death would have made the finale more memorable I agree, totally could have seen Mako, Toph or maybe even Bolin dying. But I just wanted to see Korra in her Avatar state more to prove that she had overcome her fears and fully healed from her battle with Zaheer.

The Korrasami ending totally took me off guard, I'll give Bryke props for showing something like that on what was supposedly a kid's show though. I know they didn't kiss or anything but everyone could see was goin on there :thrust:

And we never got to see the fire nation :( that also made me sad.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I liked Ming Hua, Azula and Kuvira. Ghazan, Amon and Zaheer were pretty cool as well.

Who was your favourite protagonist/good person that wasnt really a protagonist?
From ATLA prolly toph (i just like her characteristic and funny attitude, espescially when shes kicking korra's ass). From TLOF I like bolin cuz he's funny and lava bending is awesome

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
I liked Ming Hua, Azula and Kuvira. Ghazan, Amon and Zaheer were pretty cool as well.

Who was your favourite protagonist/good person that wasnt really a protagonist?
From ATLA prolly toph (i just like her characteristic and funny attitude, espescially when shes kicking korra's ass). From TLOF I like bolin cuz he's funny and lava bending is awesome

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
I can see where you're coming from with how you say the writer's didn't want Korra to end in a way too similar to ATLA. However, I still felt like the finale was lacking in 'epicness', perhaps a major character death would have made the finale more memorable I agree, totally could have seen Mako, Toph or maybe even Bolin dying. But I just wanted to see Korra in her Avatar state more to prove that she had overcome her fears and fully healed from her battle with Zaheer.

The Korrasami ending totally took me off guard, I'll give Bryke props for showing something like that on what was supposedly a kid's show though. I know they didn't kiss or anything but everyone could see was goin on there :thrust:

And we never got to see the fire nation :( that also made me sad.
I wished we had seen more of Azumi (Zuko's daughter and the fire lord) and the fire nation too :c

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)