LEGT1710 (1 Viewer)

Tortilla

HSC
N/A
Hi !!

Has anyone done LEGT1710,

1. How was it?
2. How were the exams structured (final exam - multi s, short answers or essay?)
3. How much reading & work on average per week required for distinction +
4. Did you Have Cejnar?

- I sat in on a lecture (was waiting for the next one) on competitions law found it quite interesting

Last edited:

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
leela is an amazing lecturer but you might not have her for the full sem (we didn't anyway). like you said, content is pretty interesting. people say it was somewhat like HSC legal studies (can't confirm that though since I didn't do legal). the course is pretty straightforward, just memorising cases and knowing how to apply them. as for doing well, you'll probably need to put a lot of effort in since they're hard markers. I remember that the averages for our assignments were 6/10 and 13/20. assignment 1 was a research task, mainly examined you on your research skills. assignment 2, we were given a scenario and we had to determine what the right treatment for it was. final exam had 5 short answers (on theory) and 2 essays (which were like assignment 2).

Jonneeh

HSC
I'm doing LEGT1710 this semester do i cant really comment on 1-3. Although they say the finals is comprised for a couple of short responses + essay types

I have to say Cejnar is probably one of the most engaging lecturers I've had so far (3rd semester)
Her notes are pretty solid to such a point i think she kinda spoon feeds us, not that I'm complaining about it.
Have the assignment due this coming Monday should get started.

Jonneeh

HSC
l as for doing well, you'll probably need to put a lot of effort in since they're hard markers.
I was told they were pretty lenient for the first assignment, ill wait till the 2nd assignment to judge xD

Tortilla

HSC
N/A
When i sat in on the lecture, i thought she was good, i stopped doing my work & began listening to her haha.

Cannot decide whether to pick this OR finance1612 & macro next year (as my flex course)

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
I was told they were pretty lenient for the first assignment, ill wait till the 2nd assignment to judge xD
lol have you guys gotten your marks back yet? they used to be lenient but they made the course a lot harder to pass last year, compared to previous years

Jonneeh

HSC
lol have you guys gotten your marks back yet? they used to be lenient but they made the course a lot harder to pass last year, compared to previous years
For Assignment 1 we have, Assignment 2's due on Monday. I think the average mark for the 1st one was ~7 with only like 3 people failing. But apparently last semester for Assignment 2 40% of the cohort was caught "plagiarizing" via turnitin which sounds abit exaggerated.

resire6898

HSC
doing this course atm, so can't be much help for 1-3 either. But I have to say, Cejnar is a really good lecturer & tutor (I have her for both) and I learned a lot. the course itself is really interesting. what major(s) are you choosing??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)