Legt2721 legit question guise (1 Viewer)

JayCakie

HSC
Hello evidently lovely BoS people! Firstly congrats to the people who've made it into UNSW this year. I'm sure you'll have a swell time learning the ways of university life in your first year and with UNSW O-week coming up soon (alright in a month or so), it will serve as a great opportunity to meet other people from uni and perhaps your degree cohort. :party:

Anyways onto more pressing matters, I had a question about one of the second year LEGT subjects - of course, LEGT2721. I really wanna know the gist of the course. I've looked through the ASB threads and although there are some LEGT2721 threads most of them are couple years old and as all uni courses go, subjects are continuously reviewed or amended perhaps every year/whatever according to the faculty/industry needs/etc. So pretty much here are my questions:

1) Is this a pretty challenging course? I mean I've looked through the course outlines and it seems pretty straightforward enough. :confused2:
2) Does it require a lot of readings? Of course it's a business law elective, however sometimes it's quite easy to cram through some subjects whilst others have a lot of weight on doing class exercises *coughACCT1501UGHcough* etc. Though I might have to wait until they upload the 2013 course outlines I guess if anyone has done this subject - can you please shed light on this.
3) Is this subject marked hard? I have a slight amplitude for essay writing so I'm just curious to what the marking scheme of this subject is like. *coughNEGATIVEMARKINGLIKEACCT1501WILLMAKEMESHOOTMYSELFcough* I just wanna do well this semester like I did in semester 2 last year and not make the same mistake as semester 1 2012 ugh. :(

I have a feeling that these long questions/statements may evoke a "meh" or TL;DR response but since we've got a long time before uni starts it would epic if someone could some place some light on this. Better now than never, aye?

mwah xxooo (I dunno why I felt compelled to type that but oh well).

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I did it a very long time ago but back then it was just contract law. I found it interesting and it actually inspired me to like business law a lot more (since I started HD'ing all the LEGT subjects). Yes there are readings but they aren't that heavy and luckily they make sense so you can read them like a novel. Readings will definitely help alot and you'll find most people don't do them- but they help because the questions you get asked typically are modelled off an existing case/set of facts which has been touched on elsewhere.

I think marking depends on who is running it. Back in my time it wasn't too bad. Either way though, it's an interesting course and you'll probably use a lot of the content you learn in business law subjects (which are required for accounting) in other aspects of life when you start working particularly the terminology (e.g. estoppels).

JayCakie

HSC
I did it a very long time ago but back then it was just contract law. I found it interesting and it actually inspired me to like business law a lot more (since I started HD'ing all the LEGT subjects). Yes there are readings but they aren't that heavy and luckily they make sense so you can read them like a novel. Readings will definitely help alot and you'll find most people don't do them- but they help because the questions you get asked typically are modelled off an existing case/set of facts which has been touched on elsewhere.

I think marking depends on who is running it. Back in my time it wasn't too bad. Either way though, it's an interesting course and you'll probably use a lot of the content you learn in business law subjects (which are required for accounting) in other aspects of life when you start working particularly the terminology (e.g. estoppels).
Thank you for your reply! I think Jenny Buchan will be taking the course this year but that's according to my assumption of her taking the course last year. I don't think there's anything else I have left to say. You've answered my question rather concisely and it makes logical sense. I was able to find out that the author of the current textbook had her own website where she wrote little notes for each topic that's in the LEGT2721 course outline which was rather helpful and lucky for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)