Lend me a hand in the right direction - 90+ (1 Viewer)

mattskioner

HSC
I'm just starting the HSC course for all of my subjects, and I'm finding it hard getting a bearing on what raw marks I need in order to get a 90+ Atar. Could someone give me ballpark numbers for my subjects? (i assume I need B6s for most if not all)

Advanced
Eco
Legal
2U
Physics
Engineering

My school ranked ~120 last year.

Any help would be fantastic.

chiefpasco

HSC
rank top 5 in all your subjects - hsc marks in high 80s for all subjects should do, or low 80s and one 90s.

raw marks are different every year and you can never predict them 100%. However you can look at http://rawmarks.info/wiki/Main_Page to see trends in the past - this will tell you where your raw mark would have been aligned to in that given year.

I don't really know your strengths but:

raw marks
Adv English 75-80
Econ 76
Legal 70
2U 71
Physics 75
Engineering 75

these would be more than enough to get an Atar 90+

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
rank top 5 in all your subjects - hsc marks in high 80s for all subjects should do, or low 80s and one 90s.

raw marks are different every year and you can never predict them 100%. However you can look at http://rawmarks.info/wiki/Main_Page to see trends in the past - this will tell you where your raw mark would have been aligned to in that given year.

raw marks
Adv English 75-80
Econ 76
Legal 70
2U 71
Physics 75
Engineering 75

Your numbers seem a bit low (except english and physics)

mattskioner

HSC

raw marks
Adv English 75-80
Econ 76
Legal 70
2U 71
Physics 75
Engineering 75

English is the only subject in which I lack proficiency, but these seem pretty achievable. If I get ~70 for all english, do you reckon mid-high 80s for the rest will balance everything out?

Last edited:

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
English is the only subject in which I lack proficiency, but these seem pretty achievable. If I get ~70 for all english, do you reckon mid-high 80s for the rest will balance everything out?

If you settle for certain marks you probably won't reach your goal. Aim for as high as possible in every subject, working the hardest on subjects you struggle with the most. I think if you did get 70ish for english it would make it significantly hard to achieve your goal.

HSC
Mid to high band 5s in all your subjects should be sufficient for 90+
If I remember correctly, my English raw marks were about 70-75, 2U were about 80-90, Engineering about 75, Physics about 70-75. My final HSC marks are mentioned below. I didn't get a raw mark report from the HSC, but this is based off my average at a rank 130 school.

chiefpasco

HSC
No the numbers I gave are Raw Marks, they will align to Band 5s and 6s.

Basically, if you are capable to getting 75% or more in all of your run of the mill assessments and exams - you should not have any problems in getting a 90+ atar

Last edited:

tonysoprano

HSC
To get 90 and no higher, estimates:
Adv. Eng: 74
Eco: 73
Legal: 80
2U: 76
Physic: 71
Engineering: 75

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)