length of time for passport renewal (1 Viewer)

xtrant

HSC
hey guys,
i have a query about how long passport renewals take
my passport expires this year and im going os in late jan. so whens the latest time i have to take pics and whatever else i need to do (does anybody know what else i need to do?)
ive turned 18 this year if that has anything to do with anything (ill need to get an adult passport right? will that take more time?)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
xtrant said:
hey guys,
i have a query about how long passport renewals take
my passport expires this year and im going os in late jan. so whens the latest time i have to take pics and whatever else i need to do (does anybody know what else i need to do?)
ive turned 18 this year if that has anything to do with anything (ill need to get an adult passport right? will that take more time?)
I think if you have turned 18 you need to get a new adult passport... you can't renew your old one. You need to fill out a form, get pictures taken, have someone else sign to say the pictures are you, and submit the form at the post office. It shouldn't take any longer than a month to process after that.

HSC
I need a passport renewal too. Since you're turning 18 you have to complete the adult passport application form and go to an interview, even if you already hold a passport. The interview is quick but it may take a while for them to mail you your new passport.

Peartie

HSC
it took 2 months for me to get mine - from handing in the form and having the interview to actually having the passport arrive

especially now its around christmas time there are always more people renewing / getting passports...

also to go overseas you generally need 6 months validity on your passport from when you return as well...

xtrant

HSC
holy shit are you serious? 2 months??
that means im quite screwed:bomb:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Pay the extra $70 or so and get it processed within a week. I think it was 5 days for me.

spence

HSC
Do you need a passport for domestic flights?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
spence said:
Do you need a passport for domestic flights?
No but I am pretty sure you need some ID these days.

Peartie

HSC
drivers licence will do for the ID...for domestic flights that is

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I had my passport renewed last month, since there was a possibility that i was going overseas (but im not anymore :(). After i sent the form to my local post office, it arrived in the mail about a couple of weeks later. $208 i think it was. I dont know why it was 2 months for Peartie.
For ppl under 18 u need it renewed every 5 yrs, for 18+ its every 10 yrs.

Peartie

HSC
from the time i had my interview to the time i got it it was 2 months

over November / December which is when everyone is trying to renew theirs so it took a bit longer....

xtrant

HSC
ok this is a really stupid question but who can be my guarantor? since it lists so many criteria for it...

Peartie

HSC
basically anyone thats

an australian citizen

and known you for a certain amount of time (i think its 5 years)

and not related to you

xtrant

HSC
so whats the purpose of the guarantor thats not related to you?

Peartie

HSC
so that you arent lying that this photo is really you

it means they get in shit as well as you if you fake something

dont know why its not family member....

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Jesus, two months is pretty brutal. Mine took maybe a week and a half from interview to having it in my hand

mitch179

HSC
Peartie said:
basically anyone thats

an australian citizen

and known you for a certain amount of time (i think its 5 years)

and not related to you
5 years?!
Try 2.

Peartie

HSC
thats why i said i think - i didnt know how long it was and couldnt be bothered checkin...I just used someone that has known me since i was born...

The guarantor:
*must be an Australian citizen who is 18 years of age or over;
*must have known the applicant for at least 12 months (or for children under 1 year, since birth). If you have recently moved from interstate you should contact someone who qualifies in your previous state and arrange to have the guarantor section (and photograph endorsement) completed;
*must not be related to the applicant by birth, marriage, de facto or same sex relationship, or live at the applicant's address;
*must possess a current (unexpired) passport that was issued with at least two years' validity, or have been on the Australian electoral roll at their current address for the past 12 months;
*must endorse the back of one photograph by writing "This is a true photograph of (applicant's full name)" and signing in black ink.

https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/Requirements/Guarantor.aspx

was a visa i went for that needed 5 years...

HSC
Hey, i currently hold a passport as a minor (expires 2012), and i'm 17 (turning 18 Dec 31st). If i were to travel overseas sometime in January 2009, what would be the get go with that? Get Adult passport even though the one i have right now is to expire in 2012, or keep it?

Cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)